Band 8b Practitioner Psychologist
Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Specialist Psychologist for a LOCUM contract supporting Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust.
The successful candidate will support Adults with the diagnosis of cancer.
The duration of the contract is for 12-weeks with the likelihood of extension.
Job Purpose: Band 8b Practitioner Psychologist
Pay Rate: £40.00 LTD p/h + £250 Sign-Up Bonus
Location: Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00
Contract: 37.5 Hours per week (part-time also considered)
The post holder will work as part of the wider multi-disciplinary Physical Health Team and will provide a range of assessments.
- To provide specialist psychological assessments of clients referred to the speciality based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the client's care.
- To formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of a client's mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the client's problems, and employing methods based upon evidence of efficacy.
- To be responsible for implementing a range of psychological interventions for individuals, carers, families and groups, within and across teams employed individually and in synthesis, adjusting and refining psychological formulations drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses.
- To evaluate and make decisions about treatment options taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual, family or group.
- To exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of clients whose problems are managed by psychologically based standard care plans.
- To provide specialist psychological advice guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to clients' formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan.
- HCPC Registration
- Substantial experience working with Adults with Physical Health conditions
The benefits of Service Care Solutions:
- Four weekly payroll runs
- £250 training allowance
- Excellent pay rates
- Exceptional referral bonuses
- Specialists mental health consultants offering single point of contact
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Ltd & PAYE payment options available
- Nationwide provider of mental health staff to over 40 different NHS trusts offering mental health services and over 200 local authorities.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months +
- Rate: Up to £40 per hour + £250 Sign-Up Bonus
- Location: Birmingham, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Otis Voisey
- Tel: 01772 208963
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-11-25 16:23:04 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Residential Support Worker
- Customer Service Officer
- CQC Registered Manager
- Housing Options Assistant
- Archive Legal Assistant
- Short Breaks Team Leader
- Lead Finance Officer
- Housing Process Administrator
- Scheme Manager
- Support Worker
- Arabic Speaking Family Support Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Band 6 - Cambridge
- Passenger Assistant
- Minute Taker
- Business Support Assistant
- HR Operations Lead Officer
- Children's Registered Manager
- Adult Education Tutor