Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be part of a professional team, responsible for the payroll and pension functions of two police Forces? If so, Dorset Police and Devon & Cornwall Police are seeking to recruit a temporary Payroll Technician.
Starting salary is £23,331 rising to £24,156 per annum within 6 months of appointment, subject to satisfactorily completion of probation period (pro rata for part time working).
A pay award is pending.
The role involves:
- Interpreting data, performing calculations, coding, and updating the payroll system.
- Dealing with all payroll and pension queries from police officers and members of staff.
- Dealing with external requests for payroll information.
such as mortgage requests, CSA queries
What you get if you join us.
- A completive salary with an increment after 6 months of being appointed.
- 24 days a year leave entitlement, with an increase to 29 days after 5 years continuous employment, plus bank holidays.
- Company sick pay.
- Competitive local government pension scheme.
- Hybrid working, with the ability to work remotely at times throughout the working week (once signed off the training plan).
- Flexitime, with the ability to undertake your hours flexibly and in line with business need.
- Free onsite parking.
- Access to subsidised gym membership at our headquarters at Middlemoor in Exeter or Winfrith in Dorset.
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme for discounts and services.
- Access to Group insurance scheme (via salary sacrifice scheme).
- Support networks, free Employees Assistance Programme, Occupational Health and wellbeing services.
- Development and training opportunities available.
- Access to permanent vacancies
What we are looking for from applicants.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A commitment to customer service.
- Good administrative skills together with high standards of accuracy in a financial environment.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Good computer skills, and experience in using software packages including spreadsheets and word processing
If you would like to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months +
- Rate: £12.05 - £12.18 per hour
- Location: Dorset, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Secreterial
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis Ashcroft
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-11-20 23:40:02 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Multi Trade Plumber
- Lettings Team Administrator
- Contact Handler
- Housing Patch Manager
- Housing Options Team Leader
- NHS Clerical Officer - York Hospitals Facilities Management
- Band 4 NHS Forensic Psychiatric Medical Secretary - Birmingham
- Band 3 NHS SPA Administrator - Edmonton
- IT Cloud Platform Manager
- IT Cloud Platform Engineer
- People Modelling Analyst
- Early Intervention & Targeted Youth Support
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Client Manager
- Semi-Senior Accountant
- Legal Secretary