One of the largest housing associations in the South West is recruiting for a Support Worker to provide tenancy related support in their Young Parent's Project in Plymouth.
This Support Worker vacancy is based within a Young Parents Project in Plymouth.
The service provides temporary accommodation for 16-24 year olds who are pregnant or have parental responsibility for a child under 6 months and who are at risk of homelessness.
The service provides tenancy and independent living related support to these service users.
In this Support Worker role, you will be working as part of a small but highly motivated team who aim to support those who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness but may also have other areas of support such as mental health issues or a history of substance abuse.
You will be required to work with other agencies and signpost clients when necessary to link in with those agencies and provide on-going support around engagement.
As a Support Worker you will work with clients who have a variety of support needs some of the clients may have an assured short hold tenancy at the service and may require support around managing this, other clients may require pre tenancy support work or post tenancy work when they move on into the community.
- You will support clients around issues such as maintaining their well-being, managing tenancy issues, maximizing their income, finding meaningful occupation, developing social contacts and accessing other services they may need.
- You will be required to hold a caseload of clients and complete support plans and risk assessments on Westward's case management system.
- You will need to work in a person centred way with clients and make sure they are fully involved in their support plans and the goals that are set within them.
- You will be required to be involved in our tenant participation programme offering involvement opportunities to clients and facilitating at times activities and events that we may hold.
o be considered for this Support Worker role you will require previous experience working within housing support, ideally with one of the following groups: Housing; Welfare Benefits; Domestic Abuse; Drug and alcohol misuse; Mental health issues; Sensory disability; Young people.
As the main focus is tenancy related, you will require knowledge and understanding of:
- Supported housing and housing related issues
- Recovery approach
- Client involvement and empowerment
- The benefits system
- Needs assessment and support planning
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS.
This is a temporary, Support Worker role, for an initial 8 weeks, though this is likely to be extended or potentially made permanent.
The working hours are 37.5 hours, required to work Monday to Friday day shifts and an occasional Saturday or Sunday shift on a rota basis.
If this Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Rate: £11.20 - £13.53 per hour
- Location: Plymouth, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-11-07 10:13:12 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- IT Developer
- Human Resources Assistant
- Treasury Administrator
- Customer Care Administrator
- Principal Auditor
- Duty Lawyer
- Rehabilitation support worker
- 968B - Probation Officer
- Prosecutions Admin Assistant
- Emotional Health Practitioner
- Social work assistant
- Social Care Assessor
- Disclosure Officer
- Support Worker
- Social Worker
- 948B - Probation Service Officer
- Support Worker
- Business Intelligence Developer
- 954B - Probation Officer
- Business Support Officer