Night Support Assistant
One of the largest housing associations in the South West is recruiting for a Night Support Assistant to provide tenancy related support in their Young Parent's Project in Plymouth.
This Night Support Assistant vacancy is based within a Young Parents Project in Plymouth.
The service provides temporary accommodation for 16-24 year olds who are pregnant or have parental responsibility for a child under 6 months and who are at risk of homelessness.
The service provides tenancy and independent living related support to these service users.
In this Night Support Assistant role, you will be working as part of a small but highly motivated team to encourage, inspire, motivate and assist people using the services.
You will work alongside customers, other support staff, team members and external agencies to enable people's support needs to be met and to enable them to meet the outcomes and goals of their support plan and to live independently in the community
- You will support clients around issues such as maintaining their well-being, managing tenancy issues, maximizing their income, finding meaningful occupation, developing social contacts and accessing other services they may need.
- You will be required to hold a caseload of clients and complete support plans and risk assessments on Westward's case management system.
- You will need to work in a person centred way with clients and make sure they are fully involved in their support plans and the goals that are set within them.
- You will be required to be involved in our tenant participation programme offering involvement opportunities to clients and facilitating at times activities and events that we may hold.
To be considered for this Night Support Assistant role you will require previous experience working within housing support, ideally with one of the following groups: Housing; Welfare Benefits; Domestic Abuse; Drug and alcohol misuse; Mental health issues; Sensory disability; Young people.
As the main focus is tenancy related, you will require knowledge and understanding of:
- Supported housing and housing related issues
- Recovery approach
- Client involvement and empowerment
- The benefits system
- Needs assessment and support planning
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS.
This is a temporary, Night Support Assistant role, for an initial 8 weeks, though this is likely to be extended or potentially made permanent.
The working hours are 35 hours, required to nights on a rota, 20.30 - 07.00 (10 hour shifts on a 2 week rota).
If this Night Support Assistant role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Night Support Assistant role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Night Support Assistant role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Rate: £10.18 - £12.29 per hour
- Location: Plymouth, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-11-07 10:13:11 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Litigation and Regulatory Lawyer
- Commercial Property Lawyer
- Conveyancing Lawyer
- Principal Accountant
- Finance Business Partner
- Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Band 6 Community Nurse
- Deputy Clinical Manager
- Housing Administrator
- Community Care Officer
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse
- IT Support Level 3
- 16 + Personal Advisor
- Energy Consultant
- Business Account Manager
- Resilience Fire Crew
- Interim Area Manager