Independent Living Facilitator
JOB TITLE: Independent Living Facilitator
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon-Fri (9am-5pm)
To work within the independent living team providing respite and outcome focused support planning and reablement interventions for vulnerable older adults with dementia, physical disability, mental health issues or sensory impairment in the community, in client homes, and within the Southwark Resource Centre.
To act as Keyworker for specific people, facilitating support planning with the client and their circle of support and other agencies and professionals as relevant, to identify the person's desired outcomes and goals and to plan appropriate interventions relating to maximising social inclusion, well-being and independence.
To provide advice, information and signposting for clients and their family carers to local community services and opportunities for older adults to have wider choice and control over the support they access to live safely at home and feel as connected as possible with their family network and communities.
- To work as part of a team offering a community-based support service that promotes self-directed and managed support that is outcome focused.
To liaise and work with community partners e.g., employment, training and leisure, to enhance the local services provided and improve access for disabled people to use independently.
- To support the delivery of the commitment to equality of opportunity through actively promoting equality and diversity in the workplace and in the service delivered.
To be aware of current national and local policy and good practice requirements in relation to older adults, dementia and disabled people and to contribute to its implementation in the service delivery at all times.
- To maintain client records on a regular basis using paper and electronic information systems as required and contribute to progress reports.
To act as a key worker for allocated people, being the main service contact for those people and contributing and monitoring delivery of their support plans, and to facilitate and deliver both group and individual activities as part of a person's agreed support plan including the provision of support with personal care when required.
- To facilitate and enable service users to identify and access social, training and employment opportunities in their local community to maximise social inclusion and physical social and economic independence.
This may include on occasion driving the service vehicle when required to facilitate group activities, where service users are unable to use any other form of transport.
- Experience of working with young people who present with a range of complex needs and behaviours and an understanding of the issues that they may face.
- Experience of managing cases, in accordance with agreed procedures and completing assessments of need and risk.
- Experience of planning, prioritising and evaluating activities and own workload effectively.
- Experience of demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of safeguarding and an ability to promote the wellbeing and welfare of Disabled Adults.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Multi Trade Plumber
- Lettings Team Administrator
- Contact Handler
- Housing Patch Manager
- Housing Options Team Leader
- NHS Clerical Officer - York Hospitals Facilities Management
- Band 4 NHS Forensic Psychiatric Medical Secretary - Birmingham
- Band 3 NHS SPA Administrator - Edmonton
- IT Cloud Platform Manager
- IT Cloud Platform Engineer
- People Modelling Analyst
- Early Intervention & Targeted Youth Support
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Client Manager
- Semi-Senior Accountant
- Legal Secretary