Sheltered Housing Officer
JOB TITLE: Sheltered Housing Officer
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon - Fri (8am-176.30)
To provide enhanced housing management services for Sheltered Housing residents.
To provide a main point of contact for residents and visitors, and to give and receive information as necessary for effective performance of the job.
To develop and maintain constructive relationships with residents, carers, partner organisations, service providers and professionals, contractors and volunteers, and members of the public from the wider community.
To oversee the safety and security of the building and surrounds, to identify and report repairs to the common parts, and to assist residents with reporting repairs within their flats.
- Provide a morning welfare call to residents who have requested it.
Assist residents and residents' groups to make sheltered housing happy, vibrant and safe places to live.
Generally, support residents to live independently.
Liaise with family, social care and medical professionals if appropriate.
- Oversee building security including using CCTV equipment if installed.
Report safeguarding concerns and attend appropriate strategy /best interest meetings.
Carry out a range of health and safety and compliance checks within buildings (including fire alarm testing and safety checks, water hygiene checks, intercom checks etc.)
- Keep accurate and up to date records of residents - including medical conditions / emergency contacts etc to be used in an emergency situation.
Report and keep a record of communal repairs and assist residents who are unable to report repairs.
- Complete accident, incident and near miss forms when appropriate.
Check scheme emails and ensure that all records are kept in line with GDPR guidance.
Liaise with the control room ensuring that records are accurate and up to date.
- Experience of working with people in a working in a sheltered/supported housing/ care environment or related housing field.
(e.g., tenancy management / homelessness /allocations etc.).
- Experience in staff supervision.
Experience in building management.
knowledge of housing tenancy management.
- Ability to use IT systems to gather, store and produce reports and process information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing including the preparation of letters reports & file notes.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Mon - Fri
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- IT Developer
- Human Resources Assistant
- Treasury Administrator
- Customer Care Administrator
- Principal Auditor
- Duty Lawyer
- Rehabilitation support worker
- 968B - Probation Officer
- Prosecutions Admin Assistant
- Emotional Health Practitioner
- Social work assistant
- Social Care Assessor
- Disclosure Officer
- Support Worker
- Social Worker
- 948B - Probation Service Officer
- Support Worker
- Business Intelligence Developer
- 954B - Probation Officer
- Business Support Officer