Employee Relation Assistant
Service Care Solutions are looking for an Employee Relations Assistant on an 5-month contract within the Lancashire Constabulary.
To undertake research as required and provide administrative support to the Employee Relations portfolio.
- Assist in the delivery of a customer focused administrative service ensuring that the Constabulary meets all HR priorities in relation to Employee Relations, Case Management, Health and Safety and Job Evaluation.
- Deal with internal and external enquiries by telephone, correspondence, or personal contact and to liaise with divisions and departments, staff associations and external organisations as required.
- Undertake research on HR issues, including legislation, case law, best practice, and national advice, such as the Police Staff Council, Home Office, and National Police Chiefs Council.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Human Resources administrative procedures to facilitate effective and efficient working practices.
- Update, amend and maintain personal records, general files, and computerised systems in an appropriate manner, utilising them to deal with enquiries.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of management information, producing reports and statistics as required.
- To take a pro-active approach to problem solving which focuses on solutions aiming for continuous improvement in the services provided
- To service formal and informal HR meetings, committees, and workshops as well as any other meetings requested by HR SMT such as LJC, JNCC and Job Evaluation panels.
- To act as an effective and courteous liaison for both internal and external contacts such as ACAS, Police Staff Council, Trade Unions and Staff Associations.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day administration of all Employee Relations processes, including the research and collation of case files.
- To ensure compliance with Force policies and procedures.
- To carry out related duties or projects as required in the interests of departmental effectiveness.
- Support the delivery of HR Performance Indicators and service level agreements.
- Keep up to date with changes to working practices in HR supported by the organisation and to implement and share best practice with colleagues.
- To carry out any other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities, and grading of the post.
- Experience of working in an administrative/clerical role within a busy office environment.
- Experience of producing accurate written information and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience of maintaining strict confidentiality, using tact and diplomacy where applicable.
- Experience of inputting, updating and maintaining manual and computerised records accurately.
- Experience of working with minimal supervision, organising and prioritising own workload.
- Experience of communicating clearly with internal and external contacts in a courteous and diplomatic manner.
- Experience of using Microsoft Software Applications, including Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Experience of working to deadlines and tight timescales, within a busy environment.
- Analytical mindset
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.
- Start: 14/11/2022
- Duration: 5 Months
- Rate: Up to £9.70 per hour
- Location: City of Preston, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Human_Resources
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-10-31 13:43:58 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- IT Developer
- Human Resources Assistant
- Treasury Administrator
- Customer Care Administrator
- Principal Auditor
- Duty Lawyer
- Rehabilitation support worker
- 968B - Probation Officer
- Prosecutions Admin Assistant
- Emotional Health Practitioner
- Social work assistant
- Social Care Assessor
- Disclosure Officer
- Support Worker
- Social Worker
- 948B - Probation Service Officer
- Support Worker
- Business Intelligence Developer
- 954B - Probation Officer
- Business Support Officer