Housing Options Officer
Job Title: Housing Options Officer
Work Pattern: 37 hours
Type: Temp on going
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Redditch, who are looking for someone to provide a professional and compliant specialist customer facing Homelessness and Housing Solutions service.
You will be expected to firmly focus on the prevention and relief of homelessness through a range of housing options delivered across a range of tenure types.
- To be responsible and accountable for the Local Authorities operations in accordance with its legal obligations to provide professional housing and homelessness advice services in accordance with: Part VI & VII Housing Act 1996 (as amended); Homelessness Reduction Act 2017; Welfare Reform, Safeguarding and the Children's Act.
- Deliver superior quality Homelessness and Housing Solutions and Advice Services that are customer centric and have high regard for equality, diversity, understanding and respect for people and their individual circumstances.
- Professionally and effectively manage a designated caseload by thoroughly assessing, researching, analysing, and applying the most up to date case law to homeless applications across all tenures to conclude a robust legal decision on behalf of the Council.
- Ensure that any reports are written with a high degree of diligence, rationality, and quality, so that legal decisions are “right first time”.
- Ensure that those applicants for whom the Council has a statutory duty to provide temporary accommodation are placed into accommodation that best meets their needs and in strict accordance with legislation and guidance.
- Maximize opportunities to nurture and develop relationships with Private Sector (PRS) Landlords in the discharge of duties, ensuring that any such initiatives or schemes to prevent homelessness in, or access to the PRS are maximized.
- Operate in accordance with all Council policies, guidance, and codes.
- Chartered Institute of Housing Level 3 Diploma in Housing Practice or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation, including the Housing Act 1996 (as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002), Localism Act 2011, Welfare Reform, Safeguarding and the Children's Act and Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- Good knowledge of Landlord & Tenant Law.
- Basic Welfare Benefits knowledge.
- Experience of carrying out front line Housing Options work; including interviewing those in housing need, carrying out prevention work to find the best housing solutions, and investigating and making decisions on homeless applications in accordance with the relevant legislation.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Multi Trade Plumber
- Lettings Team Administrator
- Contact Handler
- Housing Patch Manager
- Housing Options Team Leader
- NHS Clerical Officer - York Hospitals Facilities Management
- Band 4 NHS Forensic Psychiatric Medical Secretary - Birmingham
- Band 3 NHS SPA Administrator - Edmonton
- IT Cloud Platform Manager
- IT Cloud Platform Engineer
- People Modelling Analyst
- Early Intervention & Targeted Youth Support
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Client Manager
- Semi-Senior Accountant
- Legal Secretary