JOB TITLE: Support Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Shift work required - 6 weeks rota (3 weekends off, 3 working ones)
The delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients of Riverside's supported schemes.
Ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence.
To be part of a staff team that is committed to ‘best practice' in the social housing field.
Work proactively with clients to achieving their personalised support outcomes.
- Delivering a ‘best practice' support service, appropriate to clients' needs.
Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
Knowledge of ‘best practice' in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service.
The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
Working in line with ‘health and safety' and safeguarding requirements to ensure the overall safety and security of the client.
- Ability to seek clarification on customer needs, chases information and follows up to ensure delivery of what is required is within timescales.
Takes pro-active steps to exceed customer expectations and add value, without unnecessarily hindering or putting pressure on self or team's area of work.
- Must trusts in their own judgement, makes decisions confidently and with hindsight are correct.
Analysis data logically and plans work that takes into account peaks and troughs uses own initiative and adapts plans quickly to address changes in the environment.
Perseveres even when task appears boring striving to achieve a quality outcome.
- Has good time management skills which are efficient and effective and keeps to promises.
Is always improving and developing themselves, puts learning into practice and actively learns from others.
Gives and receives feedback, instantly, constructively and without being defensive.
- Using the communication policy and “The Gober Method” ensures all written communication is clear and precise.
Uses variety of tone and inflection in speech in order to emphasise points and adjusts level of language to suit the audience.
Is aware of non-verbal (body language) communication and uses it for emphasis
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- IT Developer
- Human Resources Assistant
- Treasury Administrator
- Customer Care Administrator
- Principal Auditor
- Duty Lawyer
- Rehabilitation support worker
- 968B - Probation Officer
- Prosecutions Admin Assistant
- Emotional Health Practitioner
- Social work assistant
- Social Care Assessor
- Disclosure Officer
- Support Worker
- Social Worker
- 948B - Probation Service Officer
- Support Worker
- Business Intelligence Developer
- 954B - Probation Officer
- Business Support Officer