Young Person Support Worker
A large housing association is recruiting for a Support Worker for one of their supported housing services in Dorchester, working with Young People to move on to independent living.
This role is based in a 9 bed temporary accommodation service for young people, aged 16-25.
The focus is on supporting them with their tenancy whilst helping prepare them for independent living, including supporting with increased access to training and employment opportunities.
The focus of this Young Persons Support Worker role is to deliver person-centred, strengths based support to service users.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload of customers through their journey within the supported housing service
- Manage referrals into the service, undertake interviews and assessments, and notify potential customers of the outcome of these activities.
- Induct new customers into the service, including the provision of information regarding Rights and Responsibilities, and expectations
- Deliver quality, outcome focused support sessions in both one-to-one sessions and group sessions
- Maintain up to date risk assessments for all customers
- Identify and signpost customers to any support they may benefit from that is available from partner agencies,
- Support customers to pay their rent, service charge and any personal charges in accordance with their license agreement
- Participate in Void and Income Management activities as directed by your line manager.
- Carry out health and safety checks and risk assessments of the building as requested
Too be considered for this Young Persons Support Worker role you will require previous experience working within a supported housing setting, as well as with young people.
You will also need:
- Good knowledge of the issues affecting young people
- Knowledge of the housing benefits system
- Knowledge of training and education avenues available
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS.
This is a temporary, Young Persons Support Worker role, for an initial 3 months, though this is likely to be extended or potentially made permanent.
The working hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday.
If this Young Persons Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Young Persons Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Young Persons Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months
- Rate: £10 - £15 per hour
- Location: Dorchester, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-10-06 13:29:13 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- SEN Casework Officer
- Personal Assistant (Legal)
- Letter Writer
- Band 3 Medical Secretary/ Senior Admin Assistant
- Service Manager Supported Living
- Customer Service Advisors
- Experienced Social Worker – Merseyside
- Painter Decorator
- Resourcing Administrator
- Recovery nurse
- Housing Officer
- IT Business Analyst
- IT Developer
- Human Resources Assistant
- Treasury Administrator
- Customer Care Administrator
- Principal Auditor
- Duty Lawyer
- Rehabilitation support worker
- 968B - Probation Officer