Homelessness Project Worker
About the Role
The Service provides support and accommodation to 17 vulnerable adults with an immediate history of rough sleeping and to those who have been identified by Housing Needs at Homes for Haringey, as homeless and in priority need.
Hale Road is a high profile and distinctive service working intensively with service users and Homes for Haringey to find suitable accommodation within 56 days of the client being accommodated.
As a result the project is fast paced with the view to working with a small number of clients to manage any support needs they have as a barrier to longer term housing; this could mean support with ID, substance use, mental health diagnosis, benefit issues and any other support needs.
The service provides up to 17 bed spaces in 4 residential and adjoining houses in Tottenham Hale.
As a Project Worker in Hale Road, you would carry a small caseload of clients with the aim to comprehensively assess needs, assets, risks and resolve any the barrier to clients housing situation.
The service is open 7 days a week between 8am and 10pm.
We're looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated project worker to join the service.
As the post-holder, you will be working in partnership with Homes for Haringey, multidisciplinary teams, specialist staff and external partners.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people with personal experience of homelessness, mental health, substance use or criminal justice services and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
We also encourage applications from people who have provided support to someone in their life affected by these issues.
We value passion and commitment over professional experience and encourage applicants to consider the transferable skills they have learnt in all areas of their lives.
We ask that you are:
- Committed to developing services with the people who use them, to reflect the diversity of Haringey.
- Resilient, eager to learn and able to work with our clients in a holistic and client-centred approach
- Confident working in a 1-2-1 capacity with people, to help them identify their priorities and goals.
- Focussed on finding solutions to sometimes complex problems and working with other people and organisations to do so.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
We recognise that people with lived experience of homelessness, mental health and addiction are more likely to come into contact with criminal justice services and encourage people to apply for the role even if they have previous convictions.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months
- Rate: Up to £13.63 per hour
- Location: Haringey, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-09-23 15:28:06 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Family Support Worker
- Probation Service
- Pensions Officer
- Data Architect
- Health Visitor
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Technical Manager
- Dental Nurse
- Senior Home Improvements Officer
- Interim Asset Manager
- Clerical Officer - Police
- Building Surveyor
- Property Paralegal
- Detoxification Nurse
- HR Admin/ HR Advisor
- SUPPORT WORKER
- HR Administrator
- Forensic Mental Health Support Worker
- Management Accountant