Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Procurement Officer to work for Surrey and Sussex Police Force on a long term to permanent basis.
Please see below for more information and to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
Role: Procurement Officer
Location: Surrey and Sussex/ Hybrid
Salary: £32,734 - £39,109
- To aggregate expenditure, let, monitor and report upon the status of all service/business contracts held and managed by the Joint Procurement Service (JPS) on behalf of the Authorities.
- In carrying out this responsibility, to co-ordinate the collection, analysis and reporting of relevant key data required in measuring performance against required contractual outcome.
- To establish relationships with key department leads to ensure that contracting needs are identified and strategies in place to meet business objectives for Surrey/Sussex Police Forces.
- To implement national/regional contracting initiatives into Surrey/Sussex Police and represent the interests of the Forces at national/regional level for their commodity areas.
- Where required to be the national/regional contract lead for contracts hosted by Surrey/Sussex Police on behalf of other Forces or Bluelight Partners.
- To minimise commercial risk to the Forces through ensuring robust contracts are in place.
- To ensure that all tenders/competition processes are completed in accordance with both local (Contract Standing Orders) and UK Procurement Legislati
- Responsible for accruing and assimilating records to create management information that will both ensure continuous improvement in the Forces' current activity and highlight future procurement opportunities.
- Implement and maintain efficient and effective working procedures within the Procurement Section to cover all aspects of the day to day procurement activity and tasks.
- Devise and prepare contract documentation for high value, complex portfolio of goods and services in consultation with internal stakeholders, ensuring needs are understood and that functionality and performance are effective.
- Establish category strategies with key stakeholders to ensure that a sustainable commercial strategy is in place.
This will take into consideration savings forecasting, collaboration routes, whole supply chain risks and ethical procurement
- Lead project groups through tenders and ensuring that strong specifications, clear evaluation processes and contract management structures are put in place to assure best value is achieved.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
It is essential that the post holder has:
- Experience of managing tender processes in either a public sector or similar procedure focused environment.
A minimum of 1 year.
- Full Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply qualifications or commitment to complete to MCIPS status.
- Strong analysis skills in relation to creation of spend baselines, benchmarking and benefit tracking.
- Mature stakeholder engagement skills that enable them to build relationships with staff from operational level through to NPCC ranks.
- Strong persuasion skills that ensure credibility, provide confidence in the individual and bring many stakeholders together into operational teams.
- Confidence to manage projects and work on their own initiative.
Has an understanding of how to escalate issues and present in a concise manner to senior managers.
- Commercial awareness that demonstrates an understanding of how markets operates, motivators for suppliers, cost construction and negotiation principles.
- Strong organisational skills for setting own work plans and timetables for projects.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Litigation and Regulatory Lawyer
- Commercial Property Lawyer
- Conveyancing Lawyer
- Principal Accountant
- Finance Business Partner
- Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Band 6 Community Nurse
- Deputy Clinical Manager
- Housing Administrator
- Community Care Officer
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse
- IT Support Level 3
- 16 + Personal Advisor
- Energy Consultant
- Business Account Manager
- Resilience Fire Crew
- Interim Area Manager