JOB TITLE: Support Officer
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 35 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Rota Basis (Working 5 days)
To provide an effective housing management and support service to customers in designated scheme(s), within defined policies and procedures and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Provide a high-quality support service for customers, assisting them to achieve their identified outcomes and goals.
Coordinate the support services offered to individual clients by developing SMART support plans with them implementing, monitoring and reviewing documentation within agreed timescales.
Ensure accurate record keeping using local case management systems.
Signpost and support customers to access additional external support and resources including primary healthcare, statutory services, criminal justice and legal services, DWP and job centres, health and well-being services, counselling and therapeutic programmes.
- Participate in the selection of new referrals helping to maintain performance targets on lettings and allocations.
Be responsible for signing up new customers; explain tenancy/ licence agreements to the customer and their rights, responsibilities and obligations as a tenant.
Complete appropriate lettings paperwork.
And support customers to apply for housing and council tax benefit.
- Facilitate needs and risk assessments with and for customers; develop risk management plans, raise awareness of identified risk issues with local managers and promote customer safety.
Work within Clarion's health and safety and compliance policies and procedures.
- Act as an ambassador for the Clarion supported housing services with internal and external colleagues.
Ensure customers and stakeholders have access to good quality information about our services including scheme information, customer handbooks and welcome packs.
In addition, provide information to customers about local community resources.
Take an active role engaging customers and stakeholders in the service.
Provide opportunities for feedback and for customers and stakeholders to influence / co-produce service delivery.
- Knowledge of the social care sector and relevant legislation including housing/homelessness, demonstrable experience of working in housing management and / or housing related support service.
- The ability to work proactively as part of a team coupled with a ‘can do', positive attitude, an excellent approach to customer service - in writing, face to face or on the telephone and able to demonstrate a commitment to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to advocate effectively on behalf of customers, a good understanding of the needs of customers in supported accommodation, supported living and other social care settings.
- Able to demonstrate basic financial competency, IT awareness including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
- Rate: Up to £12.67 per hour
- Location: Barking and Dagenham, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Connor Sarginson
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-09-16 14:30:48 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Family Support Worker
- Probation Service
- Pensions Officer
- Data Architect
- Health Visitor
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Technical Manager
- Dental Nurse
- Senior Home Improvements Officer
- Interim Asset Manager
- Clerical Officer - Police
- Building Surveyor
- Property Paralegal
- Detoxification Nurse
- HR Admin/ HR Advisor
- SUPPORT WORKER
- HR Administrator
- Forensic Mental Health Support Worker
- Management Accountant