LIMS Administrator 6 - month long term temp role
LIMS Administrator – Leamington Spa
Shift Pattern 4 On – 4 Off
6 -Months Long term Temp role
Day rate £19.38 Enhancements for unsociable hour shifts
The LIMS Administrator role is responsible for the uptime, performance and security access of users to the LIMS software system, Sample Manager 12.2 SP1, supplied by Thermofisher.
This exciting role forms a vital troubleshooting link between laboratory users who supply data in, and data scientists and biomedical scientists who analyse and process data out.
The role requires high attention to detail skills in order to diagnose issues, maintain the database and to ensure the system is fully traceable.
Critical to the role is an understanding of the key stages in the molecular biology process of PCR and sample traceability requirements for ISO standards 15189.
The role is responsible for the operational continuity of LIMS over a shift period to ensure sample throughput on the diagnostic lines is maintained.
The LIMS Administrator will be responsible for minor updates to workflow and report templates, managing new entity records according to master data templates and collating and reporting key performance indicators to business stakeholders.
The LIMS Administrator would be expected to perform the following duties: -
- Support laboratory management and laboratory users in respect of LIMS functionality, day to day operational issue management, onboarding and training in respect of the end-to-end clinical diagnostics workflow for COVID testing.
- Provide first line support to users and management in respect of LIMS operations, functionality, data flow and reporting.
- Track and manage support issues in a consistent way leveraging the helpdesk tools, issue management process and business issue prioritisation.
- Manage and drive interactions with the LIMS and other Core Lab IT vendors to escalate, investigate and resolve support issues and product feature requests.
- Work closely with the IT team to ensure users have the right tools and equipment to access LIMS inside and outside the lab and service level agreement are maintained.
- Coordinate with the core lab equipment and IT team to support the integration of laboratory equipment to the LIMS system and ensure operational efficiency.
- Work with the quality team to ensure good change control, release management and documentation to maintain the validate state of the LIMS system and enhance and improve the lab processes over time.
- Supporting the writing of documents for troubleshooting, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Data entry and upkeep to maintain the integrity of LIMS for equipment, operators and locations
The LIMS administrator will work to trouble shoot software issues in a continuous improvement program providing feedback to diagnostic line operators, external software developers and internal IT support.
The LIMS administrator will be trained in knowledge base and elements of ITIL in order to ensure an effective service offering to the business.
The LIMS administrator will be responsible for delivering the user training program as part of the staff laboratory training scheme and documenting technical support documents in conjunction with IT support.
Please note that whilst LIMS user/management experience is required, training for the specific LIMS software package to be used will be provided.
Salary information on demand
BSc Honours degree in a biological science or IT qualification with proven laboratory experience.
- Proven track record in software management or super-user experience.
- Knowledge of medical diagnostic testing, particularly PCR.
- Previous experience within a laboratory environment
- Expert use of database and data analysis tools.
- Experience in software training or practical demonstration
- Good communication skills and personal organisation.
- High level of attention to detail
- Practical experience using or administrating a LIMS system and/or experience with databases and database structures
- Experience working within an ITIL framework
- Experience using knowledge base
- Experience working within a medical diagnostic laboratory
- Knowledge of instrument connectivity and laboratory equipment.
- Experience working in an ISO 15189 or ISO 17025 accredited environment
- Enterprise reporting applications
- Experience of working with computer systems in regulated environments, GxP, quality control or clinical operations.
This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review in association with the post-holder.
* For a full Job Spec please call Vanessa on 0203 750 0575 Ext 302.
Insignia Recruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
- Rate: £19.38 - 27.13 per hour + enhancement for unsociable hours
- Location: Leamington Spa
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Tel: 0203 750 0575
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: VHB00192
- Posted: 2022-09-13 15:47:14 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Head & Neck Oncology
- Band 5 Nurse-Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery Unit
- Band 5 Nurse-Orthopaedics & Spinal Surgery
- Hospice Unit Staff Nurse-Band 5
- Lead Radiographer
- Healthcare Assistants (HCA's , Nursing Auxiliaries -Band 2 or Band 3
- RN'S, Registered Nurses Acute Settings
- RN's Band 6 CRCU Experience
- RN's , Registered Nurses Band 5 Paediatric Wards
- RN'S, Registered Nurses Band 5 CRCU
- Lead Consultant Palliative Care
- Pharmacy Procurement Technician
- Hospice Ward Manager
- Staff Nurse -Stroke and Medical Rehab Ward
- Staff Nurse Surgical Ward
- Senior Staff Nurse Medical & Stroke Rehab Ward
- Staff Nurse Day Case Surgical Ward
- Senior Theatre Scrub Nurse/Practioner
- Band 5 Intensive Care Unit- ICU Nurse
- Senior Staff Nurse - Oncology Outpatients