Band 8a Clinical Psychologist
Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Specialist Clinical/Counselling Psychologist for a LOCUM contract supporting Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Mental Health Trust.
The successful candidate will support across the Cardiology, Oncology and HIV Wards at the Hospital providing care to Adults.
The duration of the contract is for 12-weeks with the likelihood of extension.
Job Purpose: Band 8a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist
Pay Rate: £38.00 LTD p/h + £150 Sign-Up Bonus
Location: North Middlesex University Hospital, London
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00
Contract: 37.5 Hours per week (part-time also being considered)
The post holder will work as part of the wider multi-disciplinary Physical Health Team and will provide a range of assessments.
· To provide specialist psychological assessments of clients referred to the speciality based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the client's care.
· To formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of a client's mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the client's problems, and employing methods based upon evidence of efficacy.
· To be responsible for implementing a range of psychological interventions for individuals, carers, families and groups, within and across teams employed individually and in synthesis, adjusting and refining psychological formulations drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses.
· To evaluate and make decisions about treatment options taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual, family or group.
· To exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of clients whose problems are managed by psychologically based standard care plans.
· To provide specialist psychological advice guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to clients' formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan.
· To contribute directly and indirectly to a psychologically based framework of understanding and care to the benefit of all clients of the service, across all settings and agencies serving the client group.
· To undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual clients and to provide advice to other professions on psychological aspects of risk assessment and risk management.
- HCPC Registration
- Substantial experience working with Adults with Physical Health conditions
The benefits of Service Care Solutions:
- Four weekly payroll runs
- £250 training allowance
- Excellent pay rates
- Exceptional referral bonuses
- Specialists mental health consultants offering single point of contact
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Ltd & PAYE payment options available
- Nationwide provider of mental health staff to over 40 different NHS trusts offering mental health services and over 200 local authorities.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months +
- Rate: Up to £38 per hour + £150 Sign-Up Bonus
- Location: Barnet, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Otis Voisey
- Tel: 01772 208963
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-09-08 12:34:23 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Litigation and Regulatory Lawyer
- Commercial Property Lawyer
- Conveyancing Lawyer
- Principal Accountant
- Finance Business Partner
- Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Band 6 Community Nurse
- Deputy Clinical Manager
- Housing Administrator
- Community Care Officer
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse
- IT Support Level 3
- 16 + Personal Advisor
- Energy Consultant
- Business Account Manager
- Resilience Fire Crew
- Interim Area Manager