Senior Commissioning and Procurement Officer
Service Care Solutions are looking for a Senior Commissioning and Procurement Officer to work in South West London.
The role is for a Council which is focused on delivering the best possible outcomes for its communities.
To do this the Council needs employees who thrive in an agile and networked organisation and who can support continuous improvement within a constructive organisational culture.
The role reports directly to the Commissioning and Procurement Manager for Corporate and Communities and is responsible for supporting the Council in undertaking outcomes focused, lawful and, commercially sound, commissioning projects to deliver quality and value for money services.
To contribute to the effective running of the Council's corporate Commissioning function.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a new team leading on major change and implementing a strong ethical procurement practice across our supply chain.
You will be working closely with ICT operations and commercial team and other clients to deliver various ICT projects across the council.
We are in the process of delivering a number of major projects including transition to Cloud, Traffic Management system, CCTV and security, Contact centre platform solution and Revs and Bens IT solutions.
You will be able to work collaboratively with teams across the council to deliver the best possible outcome for the council.
You will be providing professional commissioning and procurement support to commissioning leads across the Council and manage projects on the e-tendering portal and prepare tender documentation as well as carry out research, bench marking and market analysis
- Develop tender documentation and manage the tendering process in accordance with Public contracting regulations
- Providing procurement advice and support to the clients
- Maintaining the Council's commissioning and procurement guidance materials and templates.
- To work independently and confidently when leading procurement exercises.
- Ensure the best commercial and required outcomes for the business in addition to a compliant process and result.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and economy through procurement activity such as developing the use of frameworks and other related procurement route option
- Continuously look at how the Commissioning function can be improved including actively seeking and responding to customer feedback
The Commissioning function has undergone a major restructure and added various new permanent roles to the team structure.
We want to bring people on board who can promote a culture that encourages creativity and embrace new ideas and ways of working.
We want people who can work together and who are customer driven and someone who can work well with others.
We are looking for an experienced team-player who is tenacious and excited by the opportunity of working in the fast-developing ICT procurement environment.
You will need:
, Understanding of ICT and its development path
, Expertise in stakeholder engagement
, Understanding of key Category Management tools, processes and approaches
, Demonstrable experience within Public Contracting Regulations
, CIPS accreditation or a willingness to train.
We are also looking for someone who has an understanding of Public contract publication and experience of using an e-tendering portal or completing call offs under the nationally established and recognised frameworks.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion please contact Chris Wheeler either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested please feel free to refer them, as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.
- Start: 03/10/2022
- Duration: 6 months
- Rate: £400 - £500 per day
- Location: Kingston upon Thames, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Purchasing
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Chris Wheeler
- Tel: 01772 208962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-09-08 10:20:31 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Family Support Worker
- Probation Service
- Pensions Officer
- Data Architect
- Health Visitor
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Technical Manager
- Dental Nurse
- Senior Home Improvements Officer
- Interim Asset Manager
- Clerical Officer - Police
- Building Surveyor
- Property Paralegal
- Detoxification Nurse
- HR Admin/ HR Advisor
- SUPPORT WORKER
- HR Administrator
- Forensic Mental Health Support Worker
- Management Accountant