Housing Support Worker
One of the largest housing associations in Devon is recruiting for a Housing Support Worker to provide a housing related support service to service users within a supported housing service in Exmouth
The is a supported accommodation service, which provides general housing support to tenants with low to medium needs supported accommodation.
The service users live in 23 self-contained flats and are a mix of genders and ages.
The focus of this role is to support people to improve their wellbeing, make links with their local communities and manage their homes, working alongside people to support them in meeting their potential in all areas of their lives.
You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality support in the accommodation services.
Additional tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Work in partnership with clients to provide the best possible service
- Assist clients to develop an individual support & safety plan by identifying goals and assessing barriers to reaching goals
- Advise on tenancy issues, welfare benefits, financial and budgeting matters
- Address practical and emotional needs - from helping clients to find employment, training or educational opportunities, to enabling them to grow in social confidence
- Foster hope and create the conditions in which people can be enabled to live independently and be empowered.
- Support people to recover meaning, purpose, choice and control in their lives.
To be considered for this role you will require previous experience working within housing management, including knowledge of voids and allocations; rent accounts and arrears management; service charges; resident involvement; knowledge of partnership working.
You will need to be able to deal with anti-social behaviour and have knowledge of a wide range of support needs, including homelessness, mental health issues, substance abuse and domestic violence.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, to apply you will require an enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a temporary position, on an initial 2 month contract.
The role is working full time, 37.5 hours per week.
The working days will mostly be Monday to Friday, 9-5
If this Housing Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 2 months
- Rate: Up to £12.86 per hour
- Location: Exmouth, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-09-07 14:27:29 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Housing Litigation Legal Assistant
- Operations Manager / Project Manager
- Band 8a CBT Therapist
- Independent Reviewing Officer
- Housing and Wellbeing Coordinator
- Facilities Assistant
- Litigation Legal Professional
- Business Development Manager
- Sales Executive - Burnley
- Sales Consultant - Chemical industry
- Sales Consultant - Entry level
- SEO Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Housing Options Officer
- Solution Architect
- Female Healthcare Assistant