IT Technical Support Level 2
JOB PURPOSE: Working as a member of the Specialist Technical Support Team, contributing to an efficient and effective Customer Service, ensuring a quality end to end ICT Service for West Mercia Police.
To provide a high level of technical support across West Mercia Police, both to internal customers and to external customers ensuring the department is offering the best level of service in terms of ICT services, specialist applications and equipment.
- To provide level 2 and 3 technical support capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
- To deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers.
Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans for resolution.
- To manage and work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective and efficient seamless service provision as required.
- To provide required documentation to the prescribed standard for the service teams and ensure any change in procedure and/or documentation is available to relevant parties at the earliest opportunity.
- To help to create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base (where necessary).
- To diagnose faults with technical systems and take appropriate action, escalating as necessary ensuring proper recording, investigation, identification and resolution.
Digital Services - Specialist Technical Support Level.2 - May 2021 2
- To maintain/enhance working knowledge of emerging technology and industry best practice, gaining knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and other agreed learning environments.
- To technically support the operation and control of the ICT estate as required to maintain, deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of the force.
- To be familiar with and support the aims and objectives of the team, department, contributing to the overall vison of the directorate and organisation.
- To take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
- To delegate for the Specialist Technical Support Level.3 as required.
- Proven experience working within physical and virtual teams.
- Experience in problem solving, solutions development and system management.
- Experience of supporting a diverse user base on both hardware and software related issues.
- Complex issue triage, problem investigation and coordination to closure including major incidents.
- Experience of Microsoft Products, Network, VMware, Storage and Back-up, Storage and various OS environments, Business Applications.
- Ability to drive complex application recoveries in a high pressured area.
- A positive “can do” attitude and flexibility in taking on a broad range of IT responsibilities and tasks at short notice.
- A commitment towards delivery quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to remain calm and controlled and maintain high performance within a mission critical service delivery environment.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Family Support Worker
- Probation Service
- Pensions Officer
- Data Architect
- Health Visitor
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Technical Manager
- Dental Nurse
- Senior Home Improvements Officer
- Interim Asset Manager
- Clerical Officer - Police
- Building Surveyor
- Property Paralegal
- Detoxification Nurse
- HR Admin/ HR Advisor
- SUPPORT WORKER
- HR Administrator
- Forensic Mental Health Support Worker
- Management Accountant