JOB TITLE: Support Worker
LOCATION: Branching out Newark
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp/Possible Perm
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon - Fri (9am-5pm)
To support individuals to make choices and live as independently as possible and to demonstrate the values of the Care and Support Department Support service users/tenants to express themselves and make informed choices and decisions about their lives in a way that respects their dignity and rights.
Devise and implement individual care and/or support plans with risk assessments that are not risk averse.
- Living as independently as possible, maintaining good health and hygiene, administering medications and personal care e.g., dressing, washing, shaving, and going to the toilet.
- Follow and review care and/or support plans with the service user and record progress of plans.
Assist in the delivery of support to service users who may present behavioural challenges.
Key holding including coordinating other shift staff, administering medications and handling money.
- Assume responsibility for safeguarding adults and/or children who have needs for care and support, are experiencing, or are at risk of, abuse or neglect, and as a result of those needs are unable to protect themselves against the abuse or neglect or the risk of it.
- Maintain service user records through NCHA's IT systems or paper records; sharing confidentially with work colleagues and other relevant people as appropriate to provide consistent care and support.
- Experience of working with people in a support setting.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a range of external bodies to achieve successful joint outcomes.
- Knowledge of policies & procedures, including Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care.
- Experience of managing teams to deliver housing management services also having a strong track record of driving team performance improvements.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Housing Litigation Legal Assistant
- Operations Manager / Project Manager
- Band 8a CBT Therapist
- Independent Reviewing Officer
- Housing and Wellbeing Coordinator
- Facilities Assistant
- Litigation Legal Professional
- Business Development Manager
- Sales Executive - Burnley
- Sales Consultant - Chemical industry
- Sales Consultant - Entry level
- SEO Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Housing Options Officer
- Solution Architect
- Female Healthcare Assistant