Financial Inclusion Coordinator
Job Title: Financial Inclusion Coordinator
Location: London, Bethnal Green E3
Contract Type: 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Work Pattern: 37 hours per week
Salary : £33,200
A new opportunity has become available for Financial Inclusion Co-ordinator to join our clients Income Team, your role will be to coordinate financial inclusion projects, focusing on our Income Management Strategy and to deliver our action plan that will help improve residents and their families wellbeing.
Main tasks and duties -
- The focus of the post-holder will be to promote added value services for residents, focusing on financial inclusion, welfare benefits advice, tackling income deprivation, supporting residents having difficulties with increased cost of living crisis and supporting residents to sustain their tenancies.
- To produce monitoring reports measuring the social value impact detailing the effectiveness of financial inclusion strategy
- To keep up to date with changes in legislation and regulation that affect the payment of welfare benefits.
- To engage existing and new residents providing information on welfare reform changes and ensuring a proactive approach to ensure residents who are affected by the changes are fully informed.
- To develop and implement campaigns to publicise welfare benefits reforms and wider financial inclusion themes, including, bank accounts, credit unions, direct debits etc.
- To proactively identify, contact, visit and work with residents at risk of reduced income as a result of changes to the welfare benefit system
- To develop and implement signposting pack for staff and residents.
Signposting pack to include details of welfare benefit changes, external support agencies, Employment support and re-housing/ downsizing options.
- To work closely with the Lettings and Housing Officers to assess new tenants' ability to afford the housing costs to ensure that all new tenancies are financially sustainable.
Work with incoming tenants to ensure welfare benefit and other potential income sources are maximised.
- To provide practical assistance by helping residents where necessary to complete welfare benefit applications, deal with correspondence and apply for backdated welfare benefits.
- Experience of helping customers with welfare advice, including advice on managing budgets and rent arrears
- In-depth applied knowledge and understanding of welfare benefits, Welfare Reform and the statutory framework in which they operate.
- Experience of working in a housing association or similar environment delivering a customer led service.
- Awareness, understanding and experience of social housing sector and community investment.
- Annual Leave: 28 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Simply Health - help towards the costs of dentist, optician and private medical appointments
- Employee Assistance Programme - including free legal, financial and counselling advice
- Pension - up to 7% employer contribution
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Lewis at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to Lewis.Hodson@servicecare.org.uk
- Duration: 6 Months
- Rate: Up to £33200.00 per annum
- Location: Tower Hamlets, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis Hodson
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-08-02 10:24:44 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Fire Technical Manager
- Planning Development Manager
- Heating Engineer
- Parking Engineer
- Brokerage Assistant
- Specialist Customer Service Advisor
- Business Support Officer
- Complaints Coordinator
- Family Support Worker
- Team Support Officer
- Teaching Assistant (SEN)
- Property Data Analyst
- Medical Records Preperation/Scanning Officer's
- Compliants Officer - Band 5
- Deployment Engineer
- Healthcare Assistant
- Digital Dev Ops
- IT Technical Engineer
- Serious Violence Cohort Co-ordinator