A Public Authority based in Tyne and Wear is currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor to join their team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will have knowledge of the Pre-Construction process, Contract Administration, Construction methods, and site practices.
The purpose of the role is to provide Building Surveying services to Clients, budget holders, in-house Operational teams and other Service representatives, in preparation of feasibilities, schemes, estimates, programmes, asset condition surveys, and contract administration duties.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To assist in programmed cycles of property surveys and the continuous assembly of all forms of data relating to council assets (Housing, Schools and Civic Buildings)
- To assist in the provision of ad hoc surveys, inspections and reports including budget provision in response to client enquiries.
- Carry out tendering and estimating, produce minor designs, and maintenance programmes.
- To undertake pre-construction, Principal Designer and Contract Administration activities across projects in accordance with the CDM Regulations 2015.
- To assist in contract administration of works including financial monitoring, cost effective performance and post inspections.
- Provide technical advice to the operational section, clients and other stakeholders.
- The Pre-Construction process, Contract Administration, Construction methods, and site practices.
- Codes of Practice, Statutory Regulations and relevant legislation.
- Best practice, Value-for-Money, and Equality & Diversity.
- Computer literate, including across the Microsoft Office suite.
- Preparing comprehensive works packages for schemes.
- Condition surveys, reporting, and preparing estimates.
- 3 or more years experience in a technical field in the construction industry
- Identifying building defects and remedies
- Use of CAD platforms.
- Working both alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £22 - £24 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£550 - £600 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £22 - £24 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Gateshead, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: James Glover
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-07-13 16:18:23 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Housing Litigation Legal Assistant
- Operations Manager / Project Manager
- Band 8a CBT Therapist
- Independent Reviewing Officer
- Housing and Wellbeing Coordinator
- Facilities Assistant
- Litigation Legal Professional
- Business Development Manager
- Sales Executive - Burnley
- Sales Consultant - Chemical industry
- Sales Consultant - Entry level
- SEO Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Housing Options Officer
- Solution Architect
- Female Healthcare Assistant