Operation Support Engineer
A Public Sector client based in Merton is currently recruiting for a ICT Bridge Engineer to join their Control Centre as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position working between 42 - 48 hours per week over 4 working days.
The purpose of the role is to deliver high quality ICT services which is crucial to the efficient, effective and economic achievement of the the organisations key purpose.
In particular, certain ICT systems such as the Mobilising system and infrastructure, ICT Data suite and associated infrastructure and the network all have a direct bearing on the organisation's ability to provide efficient services to the people of London.
- To provide for the day to day performance of an ‘efficient' and ‘effective' 24/7 Operations Support function.
Specifically, this will involve being responsible on a day to day basis for the monitoring of the authorities mobilising system, network and server infrastructure.
- To deal with a broad range of exception and error conditions, making decisions as necessary about the way to resolve them, bearing in mind the need to maintain the highest possible availability.
- To carry out, and instigate improvements to operational and fault logging procedures ensuring that all faults are logged and resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
- To assist in the research and drafting of new or updated procedures.
- To assist and advise users and other staff on the installation of equipment and the correct approach to take in resolving problems, using experience and technical understanding of the systems involved, ensuring that all relevant documentation is up to date and complete and producing additional documentation where necessary.
- To take an active role in planning the operational aspects of new or enhanced systems including any operational acceptance tests.
- Current experience of managing a mission critical 24/7 monitoring and support function, operating in a mixed vendor environment.
- Proven track record of providing key contributions to relevant IT projects, delivering them on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to establish effective customer relationships, placing a high value on customer satisfaction; and experience of achieving performance targets for IT service delivery.
In order to carry out all aspects of the role the following are required
- Thin Client Technology (Citrix and Windows Terminal Services)
- Microsoft Windows 2010
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office
- File and Print Server Management
- RSA Secure Remote Access
- Remote Server Management (RDP, VNC etc.)
- Excellent understanding of customer service concept and practice
- Windows operating systems
- Microsoft system centre
- Performance Tools
- Structured cabling systems
- Telecommunications/Data Communications principles and topologies
- IT Infrastructure Library standards and methodologies
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £33 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£860 - £960 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on hours worked through the week.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: Up to £33 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Merton, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: James Glover
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-06-30 15:06:38 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grounds Maintenance operative
- Income Officer
- PSO - Middlesex
- MASH Coordinator
- PSO - Croydon
- PO - Croydon
- Integration, Development & Delivery Specialist
- Performance Test Manager
- Senior Administrator
- IT Account Manager
- Driver \ Labourer
- Community Recovery Worker
- German Customer Service Advisor - fully remote
- Neighbourhood Manager
- Mobile Cleaner
- Interim Communications Manager
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 6 CPN
- Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse