A Housing Association based in Ayrshire is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Officer to join their team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will have experience within Housing Maintenance and knowledge of Scottish Housing Quality Standards.
The purpose of the role is to develop and maintain robust systems for ensuring the association has accurate, reliable and robust stock condition information.
To develop and maintain robust internal quality assurance systems and frameworks which meet internal and external performance reporting requirements and regulatory standards.
To assist the Technical Services Manager in the management and provision of an efficient and comprehensive maintenance service.
The main responsibilities:
- To ensure that accurate, reliable and robust information is maintained with a particular focus on the association's obligations to ensure compliance with SHQS and EESSH.
- Responsibility for the provision and accuracy of statistical information for annual returns to regulatory bodies.
- To ensure that our information and performance reporting systems meet both internal and external regulatory requirements
- To assist in the development and consistent application of internal procedures covering all aspects of the maintenance function
- To assist the Technical Services Manager with the implementation and development of our Asset Management software including the review of existing stock condition data and Life Cycle cost information.
- To undertake reactive repairs pre and post inspections
- Ensuring a good repairs service is provided to all tenants
- To undertake stock condition surveys and update data held.
- Undertake analysis of actual and notional costs to evaluate the accuracy of existing data and provide revised cost forecasts for component replacement and improvement works.
- To assist and contribute to the operation and direction of the association's Asset Management Plan and operational service delivery.
- To assist with the delivery and administration of the association's planned maintenance programmes.
- A track record in housing maintenance or construction with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the specific maintenance requirements of a housing association or local authority
- Experience of producing performance reports and statistical information.
- Experience of carrying out stock condition surveys.
- Experience of using digital technology e.g.
tablets, handheld devices for property surveys and/or repairs ordering.
- Understanding of the Scottish Housing Regulatory framework and the Scottish Social Housing Charter including the requirements of the Annual Return on the Charter (ARC).
- Knowledge and understanding of the Scottish Housing Quality Standard and the Energy Efficiency Standard in Social Housing.
- Full UK driving licence and use of own car.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £17 - £18 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£440 - £460 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £17 - £18 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Ayr, Scotland
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: James Glover
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-06-27 22:21:55 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Registered General Nurse
- Healthcare Assistant
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- CCTV Operator
- Head of Security Architecture
- Transition Support
- M&E Project Manager
- Legal Assistant - Social Care
- Burglary Scene Attender
- MARAC Administrator -Domestic Violence Support Team
- Community Policy Officer