AIU Crime Analyst
Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a "AIU Crime Analyst" to work along a police force in Thames Valley.
Please see below for more information and to apply please contact Lewis Ashcroft on 01772 208962.
Title: AIU Crime Analyst
Location: Thames Valley
The overall purpose of the role is to: provide analytical support to assist the AIU, LPAs and TTCG in respect of crime patterns, crime trends, hot spots and offender details to identify established or emerging crime series.
Provide analytical support to assist prevention initiatives, targeting, disruption and detection of crime.
Produce analytical products and Intelligence products to the standard defined within the National Intelligence Model in accordance with the requirements of Thames Valley Police.
Day to day
- Analyse data from a range of sources to identify crime patterns, crime trends, crime series and hot spots using all available computerised technology, information and intelligence.
- Identify suspects and analyse the activities of individuals, groups and organisations through the application of recognised analytical techniques and methodology
- Produce a Tactical Assessment for the tasking and co-ordination group to provide an accurate picture of the current situation, identifying emerging issues and making recommendations.
- Contribute to the production of Subject and Problem profiles to support the decision making process at both strategic and tactical levels
- Attend meetings, briefings, conferences and seminars to discuss the analytical requirements and where appropriate present the results of the analysis undertaken.
- Agree a terms of reference to ensure the analysis is focused to meet the needs and expectations of investigating officer
- Access, analyse and integrate data from non- police sources to foster and enhance effective community partnerships and support crime and disorder strategies.
- Attend internal and external training courses, lectures and conferences.
- Ensure the analysis Job Evaluation Number C419 2 Adapted from A594 Updated on 05/05/2022 of communications data complies with RIPA, DPA and ECHR legislation.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ROLE
- Good standard of education including excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Demonstrate exemplary interpersonal communications skills; including presentation skills, verbal and written skills.
- IT Literate including recent experience of spreadsheets / EXCEL and Word.
Good understanding of social network sites and internet capability.
- Proven experience of using statistical methods, an understanding of charts and tables and the ability to interpret and develop inferences from data.
- Proven research skills - ability to problem solve and analyse large quantities of data.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Up to £29155 per annum + shift allowance as appropriate
- Location: Kidlington, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis Ashcroft
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-06-23 17:36:50 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Project Manager - Fire Safety
- Project Manager - Alarm upgrades
- Grounds Maintenance operative
- Income Officer
- PSO - Middlesex
- MASH Coordinator
- PSO - Croydon
- PO - Croydon
- Integration, Development & Delivery Specialist
- Performance Test Manager
- Senior Administrator
- IT Account Manager
- Driver \ Labourer
- Community Recovery Worker
- German Customer Service Advisor - fully remote
- Neighbourhood Manager
- Mobile Cleaner
- Interim Communications Manager
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist