One of the largest housing associations in the South East is recruiting for a Support Officer to join their Mental Health service in Camden, to provide independent living and tenancy sustainment support to a caseload of service users.
The focus of this Support Officer is to provide tenancy and independent living support to service users with mental health support needs, and this will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Undertaking key work sessions, support planning, risk assessments and needs reviews.
- Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for our customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Support customers to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education, and work.
- Assist the Specialist Support Officer in 1-1 and group therapeutic sessions
To be considered for this Support Officer role you will require previous experience working within a mental health setting, as well as the below requirements:
- Experience of working with people that have a mental health diagnosis, in a support capacity
- Knowledge of policies & procedures, including: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care
- NVQ Level 3 in health and social care or willing to work towards it
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage with, and respect the needs of, vulnerable people
- Be caring, empathetic and understanding
- Be passionate about supporting vulnerable people
Due to the vulnerable nature of the service users, you will require an enhanced DBS for this role..
This is a permanent, full time Support Officer role, working 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis between 08:00-16:00 & 13:00-21:00.
You will be required to work every other weekend.
The salary on offer for the role is £23,116
If this Support Officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Support Officer role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Support Officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grounds Maintenance operative
- Income Officer
- PSO - Middlesex
- MASH Coordinator
- PSO - Croydon
- PO - Croydon
- Integration, Development & Delivery Specialist
- Performance Test Manager
- Senior Administrator
- IT Account Manager
- Driver \ Labourer
- Community Recovery Worker
- German Customer Service Advisor - fully remote
- Neighbourhood Manager
- Mobile Cleaner
- Interim Communications Manager
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 6 CPN
- Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse