Young Person Support Worker
One of the largest housing associations in the East Midlands is recruiting for a Young Person Support Worker for their service in Retford, which provides support to young service users, aged 16-21, to build the skills, confidence and independence required to move on and live independently.
The focus of this Young Person Support Worker is to support individuals to make choices and live as independently as possible and support young service users / tenants (16-21) to express themselves and make informed choices and decisions about their lives in a way that respects their dignity and rights.
Devise and implement individual care and/or support plans with risk assessments that are not risk averse.
These may include one or more of the following examples:
- Living as independently as possible
- Maintaining good health and hygiene, administering medications and personal care e.g.
dressing, washing, shaving and going to the toilet
- Accessing work, education or training
- Enjoying leisure time, activities and cultural beliefs in the community
- Keeping in touch with family and friends and making new friends
- Carry out or assist in cooking and other domestic/cleaning tasks.
- Follow and review care and/or support plans with the service user and record progress of plans
- Assist in the delivery of support to service users who may present behavioural challenges.
- Assume responsibility for safeguarding adults and/or children who have needs for care and support
To be considered for this Young Person Support Worker role you will require previous experience of working with Young People and have an understanding of childhood trauma and its' effects.
Knowledge of supported housing and tenancy sustainment will also be highly beneficial.
This is a permanent, full time Young Person Support Worker, offering a salary of £18,868 - £20,315.
Part time will also be considered, on a pro-rata salary.
The role is on a rota basis and shifts are across seven days, working either 08:00 - 15:30 or 14:30 - 22:00.
If this Young Person Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Young Person Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Young Person Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £18868 - £20315.00 per annum
- Location: Retford, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-05-27 15:26:25 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Band 3 Healthcare Assistant
- Payroll Officer
- Tactical ICT Support Officer
- Housing Options Officer
- Manufacturing Operative
- Grounds Maintenance Operative
- Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Registered Mental Health Nurse - RMN
- Registered Nurse
- Senior Property & Regeneration Lawyer
- Audio Typist
- Counselling Clinical Manager
- Maintenance assistant
- Engagement & Communications Assistant
- Passenger Assistant
- NHS 111 Call Handler/Health Advisor
- Community Payback Placement Co-Ordinator