Approved Premises Residential Worker Berkshire
Job Title: Approved Premises Support Worker
Contract: Contract, Full Time 37.5 Hours
Interview date: TBC
Salary: £14.00+ depending on experience
Rota Basis: Mixture of Long days and Nights
About the Service/Department:
Approved Premises (AP) work with offenders and provide a vital element in public protection arrangements.
AP offer a transition service from prison to more mainstream community life.
About the role
The role that an Approved Premises Residential Worker will be required to undertake includes:
- Working effectively as a team member and communicating effectively to pass on key information.
- Undertake regular inspections of the premises, monitoring CCTV to support and create a staff working environment; and maintaining an active presence in the Approved Premises at all times.
- Regularly engage and monitor behaviour of residents in a pro-social manner and contribute towards the protection of residents.
- Where required, undertake room searches, pack up residents' possessions as directed, supervise residents' meals, issuing of medication, alcohol and drugs tests.
- Support arrangements and delivery of purposeful activities for residents within the premises.
- The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary.
- Possession of a probation services officer level qualification NVQ level 3 in Criminal Justice or a minimum 5 GCSE's at Grade C and above, including English and Maths or equivalent
- Evidence of working for a recognised provider of probation services in the last 5 years.
- Experience of working and supporting a diverse range of people on probation who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties and the need to use tact and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues, including working with individuals to motivate and change behaviour.
- Experience of working with diverse communities including promoting equality, inclusion and diversity.
- Experience of using and maintaining Probation Service computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales.
- Understanding of Health & Safety legislation in the workforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a high level numeracy and literacy skills required to read, understand and interpret policies.
- Ability and skills to effectively use Microsoft computer based systems such as Word, Excel, Outlook ad PowerPoint.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge and understanding of the work of the Criminal Justice System, Probation Service and up to date legislation.
What in it for you?
- Flexible working
- Competitive hourly rate
- Weekly Pay
- Free parking on site
- Free meals on duty
- Exceptional Referral Bonus
- £250 Training allowance
- Ltd or PAYE options available
For further information, please call Cheyenne Atkinson on 01772 208962 or email your CV directly to Cheyenne.email@example.com
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Manufacturing Operative
- Grounds Maintenance Operative
- Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Registered Mental Health Nurse - RMN
- Registered Nurse
- Senior Property & Regeneration Lawyer
- Audio Typist
- Counselling Clinical Manager
- Maintenance assistant
- Engagement & Communications Assistant
- Passenger Assistant
- NHS 111 Call Handler/Health Advisor
- Community Payback Placement Co-Ordinator
- Business Support Officer
- Social worker
- Leaving Care Coach
- Social worker