Homeless Support Worker
JOB TITLE: Homeless Support Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon - Fri (8.45am-17.15pm)
To deliver high quality person-centred support to customers living in supported accommodation service in accordance with the Person-Centred principles, enabling clients to sustain their tenancies by promoting independence, freedom, and choice.
To provide an effective service to homeless people, by acting on their housing needs and offering information, advice, and support to improve health and social wellbeing.
- Undertakes the admission and interviewing of clients to assess, identify and act upon their housing needs and to offer support to improve health and social well-being.
Support service users involving advocacy on behalf of the service use and engaging with the appropriate agencies and services as required.
Ensure that accommodation charges are paid for by residents.
- Undertakes administrative processes including report writing and statistical monitoring and maintaining accurate and up to date case records using the Microsoft Office package and internal databases.
- Resolves conflict in difficult and sensitive situations, adhering to Council policy.
Deals with emergency situations, involving management as required.
- Maintains discipline, following approved guidelines, including eviction of service users following Council procedures.
- High/Good level of communication skills sufficient to deal with customers and external agencies.
Good level of face to face, on the telephone, via e-mail, letter communication.
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with irate, violent, distressed, complaints from customers, clients, and member of the public.
- Awareness of current issues affecting the homeless, and awareness of current welfare benefits and grants.
- Good standard of IT usage including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grounds Maintenance operative
- Income Officer
- PSO - Middlesex
- MASH Coordinator
- PSO - Croydon
- PO - Croydon
- Integration, Development & Delivery Specialist
- Performance Test Manager
- Senior Administrator
- IT Account Manager
- Driver \ Labourer
- Community Recovery Worker
- German Customer Service Advisor - fully remote
- Neighbourhood Manager
- Mobile Cleaner
- Interim Communications Manager
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 6 CPN
- Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse