Senior Java Developer
Role: Senior Java Developer
Reports to: Technology Engineering Manager
Our client is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures.
and thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions.
The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients.
Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations, and charities and, via client’s parent company.
What’s on Offer?
The client is a professional, friendly, and collegiate place to work offering attractive benefits and opportunities for progression.
The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
Employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful, and collaborative.
They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients.
Client prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity.
The role represents an exciting opportunity to join Client’s Engineering Group working in one of our technical product teams.
We are looking for incredibly talented engineers to be part of scrum teams delivering business and client focussed full stack solutions and designs.
In this business facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running.
You will need to thrive in a challenging environment and be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives, by
- designing and delivering technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation, and continuous integration.
- working in collaboration with peers and contribute to modern technology discussions.
- building strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements, relationships and ensuring that the technology deliveries are aligned with business goals and strategy.
- employing a growth mindset, learning innovative approaches, technologies, and techniques
- calmly dealing with issues; being happy to get stuck in to help fix issues and assist in identifying causes and effectively dealing with them.
- Development of microservices and RESTful APIs using Java
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Evaluation of different architectural and software solutions, understanding trade-offs and designing, delivering appropriate solutions.
- Collaboration with the wider engineering team and technology department in an agile/scrum environment
- Working directly with business users to solve real business problems
Job Specific Competencies
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Excellent experience and skills in Java (11+) / Spring / Spring Boot.
- Solid understanding of object-orientated programming techniques and use of design patterns.
- Experience of build tools and CI/CD – e.g., Maven, GitLab.
- Experience writing REST web services.
- Familiarity with both relational and NoSQL databases (we use Oracle, SQLServer and Mongo).
- Exposure to messaging – e.g., Kafka, JMS
- Appreciation and understanding of security.
- Knowledge of developing a microservices environment with auto-scaling, loosely coupled, secure & resilience services.
- Exposure and ideally experience of UI development – e.g., Angular, React
Ideally, you’ll be
- An advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation.
- A technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full-stack environment.
- A fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams.
- An enthusiastic innovator and creative analytical person, with a passion for technology.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Greater London
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: AW101
- Posted: 2022-05-12 08:15:30 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- HCPC BMS - SIGN OUT MANAGER
- Modern Matron Oncology & Haematology
- Ward Manager - Haematology & Stem Cell Transplantation
- Senior PMO Manager
- Lead PMO Analyst
- Band 5 Nurse-Orthopaedics & Spinal Surgery
- Band 5 Nurse-Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery Unit
- Clinical Educator
- Scientific IT Incident Manager - 18 months long-term Temp role
- Quality Officer FTC 18 Months
- Quality Manager
- Modern Matron Medical & Surgical
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Head & Neck Oncology
- Hospice Unit Staff Nurse-Band 5
- Band 5 Intensive Care Unit- ICU Nurse
- Consultant Anaesthetist
- Senior Theatre Scrub Nurse/Practioner
- OPD Senior Staff Nurse (Outpatient Department)
- Senior Staff Nurse - Oncology Outpatients
- UCC Senior Staff Nurse(Urgent Care Center)