OPD Senior Staff Nurse (Outpatient Department)
OPD Senior Staff Nurse (Outpatient Department)
Competitive Salary and great benefits package.
We are currently looking for a strong and compassionate Senior Staff Nurse to work in the Outpatient Department, OPD .The role based in London at one of the world Top Private Hospitals with excellent transport links, over ground train and tube.
This role would ideally suit an experienced Senior Staff Nurse who can support a range of clinical specialties, contributing to the delivery of an effective, efficient and responsive outpatient service.
What are the Responsibilities of this OPD Senior Staff Nurse role (Outpatient Department)?
- To ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales using Hospital approved documentation, in line with NMC and Hospital guidelines.
- To ensure the provision of excellent, evidence-based nursing care for patients.
- Ensure that each patient is assessed, and that their care is planned, implemented and evaluated, and that this is accurately documented.
- Ensure the provision of a welcoming, caring and safe environment for patients and their families.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence-based nursing care.
This includes completion of training and development identified as part of appraisal and personal development (PDP) planning.
- To be competent in the administration of medication
- Communicate effectively, promoting open and trusting relationships.
- To be aware of the uses, safety precautions and handling of equipment in the department.
- Participate in effective communication between all members of the multidisciplinary team, other hospital departments, relatives and visitors.
- Ensure quality care is given, by being familiar with agreed standards of care and to inform seniors, if the required standard cannot be reached.
- Assist in ensuring the safety of the department, and the risk management process by actively participating in clinical audit, clinical risk and quality issues, including reporting of incidents.
- Be aware of how to access Hospital policies and clinical procedure guidelines and that staff adhere to these at all times
- Act as a team leader for Health Care Assistants, acting as a mentor/preceptor, and facilitating their development.
- To actively participate in the practical training at every opportunity, through formal and informal teaching.
- Supervise and orientate temporary staff and staff new to the area.
- To act as a preceptor for Health Care Assistants.
- To participate in audit relating to nursing and multidisciplinary care.
As a Senior Staff Nurse for the Outpatient Department you will be:
ü Current registration in adult or general nursing-NMC Pin number
ü Extensive experience as a Staff Nurse in a similar healthcare environment
ü Excellent people skills, good communication and observation ability
ü To have sound knowledge and experience within the various clinical specialties
ü Demonstrable experience in mentoring junior staff
ü Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
ü Adhere to the Code of Conduct for Nursing and the Data Protection Act
ü Ability to work under pressure and with high volumes of work during peak times
Benefits as an OPD Senior Staff Nurse:
- competitive salary with progressive band structuring
- on-going development and training
- 27 days annual leave
- generous private healthcare cover
- contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pensions
- short-term accommodation for new starters
- Employee Assist Health & Lifestyle programme, Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Service excellence awards
Please note INSIGNIA RECRUIT are an employment agency and are working on behalf of their client.
- Rate: Competitive Salary and great benefits package
- Location: London
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Tel: 000
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: CG0002
- Posted: 2022-05-11 10:41:51 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Quality Manager
- Environmental Officer
- Radiographers, General and Rotational Band 6
- HDU Recovery / Critical Care Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (Head & Neck Oncology)
- Lead Radiographer
- OPD Senior Staff Nurse (Outpatient Department)
- Senior Theatre Scrub Nurse/Practioner
- Head of Nursing (Cancer Services)
- UCC Senior Staff Nurse(Urgent Care Center)
- Hospice Unit Staff Nurse-Band 5
- Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon
- Consultant Anaesthetist
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Head & Neck Oncology
- Band 5 Intensive Care Unit- ICU Nurse
- Java Developer
- Senior Java Developer
- Regulatory Affairs Manager 18 Months long-term Temp role
- Conference Manager - Surrey London border
- Advertising Sales Manager