A brilliant job opportunity has arisen for a committed Consultant Psychiatrist to work in an exceptional hospital based in the Edgbaston, Birmingham area.
You will be working for one of UK's leading health care providers
This special hospital is a rehabilitation and recovery service for females with complex mental health needs, including schizophrenia and bipolar disorders.
Some may have co-morbid conditions such as mild learning disabilities, alcohol and drug use and borderline personality disorder
*To be considered for this position be medically qualified with MRC Psych or equivalent and on GMC's specialist register
As the Consultant Psychiatrist our key responsibilities include:
- Jointly, within the Medical Directorate, develop and review Directorate policies and procedures to meet requirements of statutory bodies
- Participate in making appropriate responsible Medical Officer arrangements to cover the 24-hour operation
- As a member of the Medical Directorate, to operationally manage within agreed standards, targets, timetables and constraints, following operational and strategic objectives in the Medical Service Level Agreement
- Responsible for the administration of the Mental Health Act, Clinical Policy, Clinical Standards and associated administrative tasks in respect of patients
- Exercise professional leadership and institute, manage and evaluate through audit a medical service, ensuring that clinical policy, practice and its application is research-based and of a good standard
- Be jointly responsible with the General Practitioner for the provision of medical services appropriate to patients in this service
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
- Innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- Essential understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Substantial knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary issues in mental health, recruitment and retention issues for doctors, knowledge of, and experience in purchaser/provider contractual issues
- Previous consultant experience and in a management role
The successful Consultant Psychiatrist you will receive an amazing salary up to £140,000 per annum DOE.
This exciting position is a Full Time role working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
- Relocation package
- Annual leave 25 days to 30 days depending on length of service - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Enhanced Maternity Package
Reference ID: 318
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV