An exciting job opportunity has arisen for a committed Staff Nurse to work in an exceptional hospital based in the Edgbaston, Birmingham area.
You will be working for one of UK's leading health care providers
This special hospital is a rehabilitation and recovery service for females with complex mental health needs, including schizophrenia and bipolar disorders.
Some may have co-morbid conditions such as mild learning disabilities, alcohol and drug use and borderline personality disorder
*To be considered for this position you must be qualified as a Nurse either RGN, RMN or RNLD with a current active NMC Pin
As a Nurse your key duties include:
- Providing leadership and support for support staff and act as a champion for residents' safety and dignity.
Maintaining skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available
- Ensuring the ongoing safety of service users, residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
Ensuring that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used and acting as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice
- Taking charge of the unit regularly and in the absence of the management team, accepting responsibility for the smooth and effective running of the unit
- Helping to maintain the security of the building and its environment
An ideal Nurse must have these skills and experience as they are beneficial for this position:
- Able to work without supervision
- Mentorship experience and supervise junior staff
- Good inter-personal skills
- Awareness of current professional nursing issues
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Promote good relationships with patient, relatives, public, other care organisations and all members of the multidisciplinary care team
- Promote good communication skills written and verbally
The successful Nurse will receive an excellent salary up to £35,000 per annum DOE.
We currently have vacancies for both days and night shifts available.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
*£3,000 Welcome Bonus
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Private Dental Cover
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- NMC Payment in full
Reference ID: 1172
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV