Hospice Unit Staff Nurse-Band 5
Hospice Impatient Unit-Staff Nurse
Excellent Salary + Benefits
Insignia Group are recruiting for a Hospice Impatient Unit-Staff Nurse for a Private Hospital located in North London with easy access to public transport and road links.
We are currently looking for a dedicated NMC Registered Hospice Impatient Unit Staff Nurse who can assess, develop, and evaluate programmes of care and development with a multidisciplinary team and patients including the families, all by the Hospice philosophy.
Furthermore, be responsible and supervise unqualified staff with support of senior members.
This brand-new state of the art units operates 24/7 and there is a rota in place for this working around shifts of 37.5 hours.
The successful candidate will evaluate the needs of patients, families and carers and provide all information needed.
Ensure patients get the suitable clinical support team.
Participate in teaching nursing assistants and students by helping them to fulfil their learning.
- Keep updated through evidence-based practise all current developments
- Develop new skills and knowledge to the speciality as advised by the Ward Manager & Deputy Ward Manager Being able to self-develop through the appraisal system
- Work towards completing agreed personal and development plan and professional portfolio
- Conduct practice in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and adhere to Hospital policies and procedures
- Be part of delivering the Hospice Strategy and act appropriately in emergency
- Perform safe and effective care for patients need special palliative care
- Comprehend and act when patients condition changes and keep all documents up to date on patients’ records
- Be responsible and manage medication according to Hospital policy and within NMC guidelines
- Organise and prioritise your workload ensuring you deliver s
- Maintain a safe and Healthy environment
- Feedback any untoward incidents to the Nurse in charge
- Make sure all equipment is in good working order otherwise report accordingly when defective
- Act as the patients advocate and manage any distressing or emotional situations
- Be up to date with changes that take place within the Hospital and suggest any change to improve standards
You will be:
- Registered Nurse
- Current NMC Pin number
- Minimum of 1-year experience
- Excellent clinical skills
- Good organisational, time management skills and confident decision maker
- Good oral and written communication
- Patient focussed with compassion & empathy
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- competitive salary with progressive band structuring
- on-going development and training
- 27 days annual leave
- generous private healthcare cover
- contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pensions
- short-term accommodation for new starters
- Employee Assist Health & Lifestyle programme, Discounts at local, national, and online shops
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Service excellence awards
Please note Insignia Recruit are an employment agency and are working on behalf of their client.
Our client is very well known in the private health care sector, one of the top players.
They are offering a competitive package, excellent range of benefits & the chance to progress as far in this sector with succession planning from within.
They offer unlimited training to enable you to progress your career in your preferred direction.
This Private VIP Hospital has exceptional standards and for the for many years has been CDIFF and MRSA free.
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Greater London
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Tel: 000
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: CG0007
- Posted: 2022-05-03 13:43:19 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Clinical Educator
- Band 5 Nurse-Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery Unit
- Scientific IT Incident Manager - 18 months long-term Temp role
- Quality Manager
- Environmental Officer
- Radiographers, General and Rotational Band 6
- HDU Recovery / Critical Care Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (Head & Neck Oncology)
- Lead Radiographer
- OPD Senior Staff Nurse (Outpatient Department)
- Senior Theatre Scrub Nurse/Practioner
- Head of Nursing (Cancer Services)
- UCC Senior Staff Nurse(Urgent Care Center)
- Hospice Unit Staff Nurse-Band 5
- Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon
- Consultant Anaesthetist
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Head & Neck Oncology
- Band 5 Intensive Care Unit- ICU Nurse
- Java Developer
- Senior Java Developer