Information Access Manager
A Public Sector client based in Southwark are currently recruiting for an Information Access Manager to join their internal information team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position for approx three months and the ideal candidate will have experience working within the public sector and have good working knowledge and understanding of Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation.
The purpose of the role is to manage information access requests and support, and contribute to ensuring that the Brigade complies with information access legislation.
The post holder will be responsible for assisting in meeting the requirements of the Brigade's policies and procedures relating to the disclosure of personal data and non-personal information processed by the Brigade.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To provide overall management of information access requests and to process requests in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act, the Freedom of Information Act and any other information access legislation or Brigade policies.
This includes providing advice to other members of staff on information access requirements when handling requests.
- To assist in managing the resolution of complaints relating to responses to information access requests and investigations on breaches of relevant legislation within the Brigade.
- To assist in identifying and managing training, communications and awareness throughout the Brigade, providing advice to managers and assisting in the development and delivery of training programmes in order to improve existing practice and compliance with relevant legislative requirements and Brigade policies.
- To co-ordinate amendments and deletions to Data Protection notification in consultation with the appropriate Departmental representatives.
- To co-ordinate amendments and deletions to the Brigade's publication scheme in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act.
- Experience of organising, planning and prioritising work and meeting deadlines and targets while working flexibly within a team.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly at all levels (including at principal officer level and in group discussion) and adapting approach to meet the needs of a range of different people and groups making sure a high standard of customer care is consistently maintained.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain consistency and ensure accuracy to produce a high quality output at all times.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation and other legislation relevant to information access and its practical application including an understanding of the potential organisational and political impacts of information access requests.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £22/£23 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£555 - £577 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £22 - £23 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Southwark, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: James Glover
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-04-22 13:56:53 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- NHS Band 3 HCA. Huntingdon
- NHS Support Worker, Band 4.
- Band 2 HCA. NHS Rehab Unit.
- Team Assistant
- Band 2 HCA.
- Working from home - German speaking customer services
- Young Persons Advisor
- Support and Resettlement Assistant
- Band 7 Speech and Language Therapist
- Family Support Worker
- RMN -NHS
- Nursery Assistant
- Site Manager/ Caretaker
- Senior Project Manager
- Grounds maintenance operative
- RMN - NHS
- Content and Engagement Manage
- Band 8b Senior Psychologist