Service Care Solutions are hiring for Dispatcher or Contact Officers for a Police Force in the West Midlands, please see the attached job specification and for more details or to apply please contact Lewis Ashcroft on 01772 208962.
Job Title: Dispatcher or Contact Officer Contract: 12 weeks (potential to extend or go perm for the right candidates) Headcount: 10 Location: Park Lane, Aston, Birmingham B6 5DD Hours: 37 hours a week (will vary depending on shift pattern) Shift Pattern: 6 on 4 off (2 earlies, 2 lates and 2 nights - example shift pattern attached)
Within this role you will play a critical role in our response to both emergency and non-emergency calls, providing a first class service to the public.
You will be resilient, reliable and able to cope in a pressured environment - your decision making skills will be key.
You will receive a huge variety of calls, often challenging in nature.
At times you will be talking to people in potentially dangerous or vulnerable situations - they may be distressed or panicked and it is down to your ability to stay calm and determine the most appropriate response to make sure they get the help they need.
The role of a Contact Officer requires you to:
- Type and capture information, quickly and accurately
- Communicate in a concise and accurate manner
- Provide a high quality customer service
- Listen effectively and extract specific information to determine the correct response
- Demonstrate an aptitude for quick decision making and effective problem solving
- Learn and retain information
- Work effectively and enthusiastically as part of a team
Resilience is a key factor of the Contact Officer role.
It's a 24/7 job so there will be times when you are working weekends, bank holidays and even Christmas Day some years.
There will also be times when you are feeling tired and still having to take those extremely difficult and sometimes traumatic calls.
Whilst it's true that this is not a job for the faint-hearted, on the other hand you will be working in a great environment with plenty of support as part of the police Family.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months+
- Rate: £12.50 - £14 per hour
- Location: Birmingham, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis Ashcroft
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-04-05 16:40:06 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Community Psychiatric Nurse
- General Healthcare Assistant
- Court of Protection Lawyer
- Band 3 Senior Dispensing Assistant
- Warehouse Team Leader
- Crisis CPN
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered General Nurse
- Personal Assistant
- Children's Social Worker
- HR Administrator
- Business Support Officer
- Programme Manager
- Senior Employment Lawyer
- Band 8a Clinical Psychologist
- Engagement & Brand Communications Manager
- Substance Misuse Recovery Worker
- Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Operative (Gosport)