Environmental Enforcement Officer
A Local Authority based in Sittingbourne is currently recruiting for an Environmental Enforcement Officer to join their team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position working approximately 32 hours per week and the ideal candidate will sound knowledge and experience of enforcing Environmental Legislation including the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 and the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
The purpose of the role is to investigate a wide range of environmental matters and take the appropriate action to resolve the issue.
Investigate statutory nuisance complaints and undertake monitoring outside normal working hours when required.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To respond to environmental service requests and statutory duties relating to anti-social behaviour issues such as nuisance, insecure buildings, fly tipping (and other waste related offences), unauthorised encampments, untidy land, pest control etc.
This will require some evening, early morning and weekend work.
- To investigate potential offences and to determine and follow up on the appropriate enforcement action.
This may include producing warning letters, Notices or preparing case files to a suitable standard for judicial action.
- To build sound working relationships with key partners such as the police, other Local Authorities, Housing Associations and the Environment Agency.
- Sound IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- Full Driving Licence & access to own vehicle
- Problem solving skills and ability to prioritise busy workloads
- Sound knowledge and experience of enforcing Environmental Legislation including the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 and the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
- Investigative skills and an ability to produce evidential cases with a view to prosecution.
This will include writing letters and producing Notices.
- Use of noise recording equipment or noise App's
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £25 - £30 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£620 - £720 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £25 - £30 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Sittingbourne, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-02-21 10:28:55 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- General Healthcare Assistant
- Court of Protection Lawyer
- Band 3 Senior Dispensing Assistant
- Warehouse Team Leader
- Crisis CPN
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered General Nurse
- Personal Assistant
- Children's Social Worker
- HR Administrator
- Business Support Officer
- Programme Manager
- Senior Employment Lawyer
- Band 8a Clinical Psychologist
- Engagement & Brand Communications Manager
- Substance Misuse Recovery Worker
- Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Operative (Gosport)
- Administrative Assistant