A Local Authority based in Merseyside is currently recruiting for a permit officer to join their Highway Network Management team.
This is a full time, temporary position with the ideal candidate having previous experience in this field of work and have have working knowledge of current NRSWA legislation.
The purpose of the role is to to inspect, monitor and co-ordinate all utility works and third party works on the highway.
You will be expected to ensure compliance with the current NRSWA legislation, including identifying defects and assessing remedial works.
You will liaise closely with all works promoters with regards to the timing and duration of works and will play a key supporting role in councils delivery of its Network Management Duty.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Assist in the processing of permit applications
- Attend site meetings and agree traffic management issues.
- Undertake routine, sample and 3rd party inspections of works on the highway.
- Identify defects and assess remedial works to ensure legislative compliance.
Provision of all relevant information for input into computerised and manual systems to ensure maximisation of income to the Authority from statutory undertakers and third parties.
- Identify potential coring sites, issuing works packages for assessment and arranging for follow up defect inspections where required.
- Undertake miscellaneous highway matters and enforcement duties as may be required in accordance with the Highways Act 1980 and Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual.
- Assess and respond to enquiries and complaints within the relevant timescales.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £17.50 - £18.50 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£456 - £478 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £17.50 - £18.50 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Sefton, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-09-14 13:29:07 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Property Manager
- Project Manager
- Electrical Supervisor
- Band 4 Pharmacy Technician
- Family Support Worker
- Staff Nurse
- Warehouse Operative
- Band 7 - CBT Therapist (IAPT)
- Asbestos Technician
- Building Surveyor
- UPVC Installer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Durham Admin
- Housing Assistant
- Project Manager Band 7
- Compliance Coordinator
- Catering Assistant
- Passenger Assistant