Coroners Officer - Police
Service Care Solutions are looking for a Regional Coroners Officer to work on a full-time contract with a local Police Force in Bradford.
To deliver an effective and efficient Coronial service and in doing so, to provide an essential liaison between HM Coroner, relatives of the deceased and other agencies involved in dealing with sudden, violent or unnatural deaths.
At the request of the Duty SIO, and in conjunction with internal and external customers, attend the scene of death to investigate the circumstances, arrange identification of the deceased and maintain continuity throughout the investigation.
At the request of the Duty SIO, attend post mortems in person to enable a full briefing to HM Coroner on the circumstances.
Obtain statements and relevant documentation from witnesses, relatives and other interested parties in order to prepare and present reports for Coronialprocedures, identifying and resolving, where possible, any discrepancies, ensuring accuracy in documentation.
As directed by the Senior Coroner's Officer, attend training, which includes that provided by the Chief Coroner.
- Has experience of working successfully in an environment requiring sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
· Has a basic knowledge of and is able to use computer packages such as Microsoft Office
· Can demonstrate experience in the preparation of detailed files or reports
· Has experience of obtaining and recording information from members of the public
· Previous experience of working in a public service environment
· Can demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities of the Office of HM Coroner, its jurisdiction, relevant aspects of the Human Tissue Act and the Human Rights Act
· Has a full current UK/European Driving Licence
· Available for 24 hour call out rota
· Emotional resilience to deal with grieving relatives
If this is something you could be interested in, please just call Martin Cookson on 01772 208962.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months +
- Rate: £15.25 - £17.19 per hour
- Location: Bradford, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-07-23 11:48:35 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Property Manager
- Project Manager
- Electrical Supervisor
- Band 4 Pharmacy Technician
- Family Support Worker
- Staff Nurse
- Warehouse Operative
- Band 7 - CBT Therapist (IAPT)
- Asbestos Technician
- Building Surveyor
- UPVC Installer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Durham Admin
- Housing Assistant
- Project Manager Band 7
- Compliance Coordinator
- Catering Assistant
- Passenger Assistant