Deputy Lead Scientist
Deputy Lead Scientist
Our client, a leading provider of life science solutions is now looking for a Deputy Lead Scientist to support their work with Covid-19 testing and clinical trials for a fixed term contract that could well be extended further on a rolling basis.
Working through the Lead Scientist / Laboratory Manager, and in close liaison with the Clinical Lead, Deputy Lead Scientist will be responsible for the day to day management of staff and resources within the department. The post holder will provide technical lead and expertise within the department and will assist the Lead Scientist in facilitating the organisation and management of all technical work within the specialty.
KEY RESULT AREAS/MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To participate in ensuring staff compliance with Health and Safety, all personnel and other official and operational policies of the laboratory
- To encourage all Scientists to remain aware of scientific and other advances relevant to the work of the service by attendance at professional meetings and otherwise.
To co-operate with the departmental training staff in encouraging and facilitating CPD for all professional grades
- To ensure Statutory and Mandatory Training compliance, working closely with appropriate training staff
- To perform local induction of all laboratory staff and to facilitate corporate induction in line with policies
- To appraise subordinate staff and ensure subordinate staff regularly appraise staff as directed by the Lead Scientist.
- To manage staff leave and sickness absence in line with protocols and Trust policies.
- In conjunction with the Service Manager and the Lead Scientist to ensure compliance with accreditation standards the laboratory are required to adhere to
- To be able to perform all appropriate technical procedures in use within the department and to take the necessary steps in dealing with all technical operational problems which arise, reporting to the Lead Scientist according to departmental practice
- To record and disseminate detailed workload statistical analysis
- To remain aware of scientific and other advances relevant to the work of the department, and to contribute when required to the formation of consequent proposals for service development
- To encourage Scientists and support staff to undertake appropriate CPD to accommodate changes in the manner of service provision and for personal and professional development; this will include advising them of appropriate formal vocational education courses and qualifications, and the maintaining of links with further education establishments.
- To take overall responsibility for service performance in the area of quality control (external and internal).
To play key role in ensuring compliant accreditation documentation and to ensure appropriate compliance by subordinate staff under the guidance of the Lead Scientist and in conjunction with relevant Quality staff
- To participate in the routine departmental rota and extended working day.
This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review in association with the post-holder.
* For a full Job Spec please call Vanessa on 0203 750 0575 Ext 302.
Insignia Recruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Bracknell
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Vanessa Barnes
- Tel: 0203 750 0575
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: VB0190
- Posted: 2021-07-20 10:05:07 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- C# .NET Developer / Back End Developer
- Testing Lead
- Informatics Data Engineer
- Senior UX Designer
- Java Developer
- Quality Manager FTC 18 Months
- Contract Manager
- Lab Technician
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Lab Technician
- Junior Web Developer
- Laboratory Operations Manager
- Biomedical Scientist - Leicester
- Covid Screening Program Shift Manager - Leicester
- Trainee Lab Technician
- HR Administrator CIPD Level 3 or 5
- LIMS Administrator Wolverhampton
- Flexographic Label Printer
- Business Engagement & Internal Communications Manager
- TVG Scientific Advisor (Genomics)