JOB TITLE: Quality Specialist
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Our client is on the frontline of fighting Covid 19.
Their complete workflows with standardized equipment and kits are available to help labs address their SARS-CoV-2 testing challenges.
We are recruiting a team of 4 X Quality Specialists for a 9 month fixed term contract (expires 31st March, 2022) at an established greenfield, PCR laboratory.
As a Quality Specialist you will be supporting operation managers in all aspects of Quality Management and ensuring each department meets or exceeds the standards required of ISO 15189.
You will be part of a team of onsite Quality Specialists who will create awareness and provide training and education to all employees on quality processes and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance of the Quality Management System
- Maintenance of the Document Control System
- Quality Assurance and Control of laboratory performance through internal and external audits
- Training & Education: Develop and implement training and education programs, to educate employees and management on quality processes, standards and results
- Project Management: Plan, initiate and management quality improvement projects
- Provide input into review meetings with business leaders.
- Provide advice and support to the Site Manager and teams on Quality issues.
- Previous experience working in quality with audit experience, not necessarily in the healthcare/science sector, but would need 2-3 years experience working within a quality management system
- Must be familiar with UK quality management system ISO 9001 and ideally have some experience of ISO 15189 and/or ISO 17025
- Work collaboratively with Laboratory Operations staff
- Proven track record of delivering continual positive process improvement in systems and process.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- A good balance of negotiating and influencing skills.
- A degree of flexibility toward working hours
- Excellent presentation skills
What We Offer:
- Fixed term contract with competitive remuneration package
- 37.5hr working week
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holiday days (pro-rata)
- Free on site parking
- Excellent pension and life assurance package
- Access to private medical cover
- Online learning platform to assist with continuous professional development
- Stimulating role in COVID PCR lab
- Purposeful & inspirational environment
- Access to cutting-edge expertise and solutions contributing to the wellbeing of the local community
- Being part of a highly qualified team that is committed to excellence
*For a confidential discussion please apply or call Tony on 0203 750 0575
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Newport
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Tony Ward
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TW130
- Posted: 2021-06-18 17:05:27 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- HR Coordinator
- Laboratory Technician - Newcastle
- Laboratory Technician - Leeds
- Laboratory Technician - Manchester Airport
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Laboratory Specialist Practitioner
- Senior Scientific Officer
- Quality Manager FTC 18 Months
- Business Engagement Manager
- Java Developer
- Informatics Automation Developer
- Testing Lead
- Senior Scientist
- Deputy Lead Scientist
- HR Business Partner- Recruitment and Engagement
- Associate Practitioner
- Marketing Assistant
- Training Officer
- Lead Scientist
- Laboratory Operations Manager