Senior Caseworker required within the Integrated Children's Disabilities Team, Nottinghamshire.
Candidates will have operational responsibility and line management of complex SEND casework to ensure that children & young people with complex SEND have appropriate educational placements secured, enabling them to meet their educational outcomes, preparing them for adulthood and that meet the local authorities statutory duties.
£30+ per hour, full time for an initial 4 months ongoing contract.
- Responsible for the line management of ICDS case workers, duty officers and service organisers.
- Responsible for ensuring high profile cases have a dynamic Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) that accurately represents the child or young person.
- To hold a small case load of complex cases.
- Responsible for decision making at the point of Duty and ensuring that all communication and contact with young people, parents and schools is timely, supportive, and constructive.
- Maintain case records as per service standards.
- To prepare the local authority's statement of case and take the lead on and represent the local authority at SEN Medication and First Tier Tribunals.
- To lead and facilitate annual reviews for all children and young people who have the status of EOTAS, EHE.
- To support case workers at complex multi-agency meetings as necessary and undertake strategic review meetings of education placements.
Requirements from the candidate:
- Educated to a level 6 or above qualification in a Children's Services or Adult related area
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of complex case management
- Knowledge and understanding of SEND education and its management across a range of educational settings and providers.
- Knowledge of the barriers facing children and young people with SEND and the challenge of inclusion
- Working knowledge and application of the Children and Families Act 2014, SEND Regulations 2015 and SEND Code of Practice 2014
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Theo at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 4 month ongoing
- Rate: Up to £30 per hour
- Location: Nottingham, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Education
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208964
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2019-03-19 15:44:59 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Band 6 CPN
- Locum Employment Solicitor
- Building Surveyor
- Family Contact Worker
- Project Manager
- Commuinty care Officer
- Community Psychiatric Nurse, Band 6
- RGN -District Nurse
- Customer Advisor
- MSK Podiatrist
- Occupational Therapist
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered General Community Nurse
- Family Support Worker
- Social Worker - Children With Disabilities Team
- Medical Negligence Solicitor
- Supported Housing