Passenger Transport Supervisor/Charge Hand
Service care solutions are looking for Supervisor for Passenger Transport Supervisor/Charge Hand with Luton borough council
1. Allocate tasks to the workforce by devising and coordinating route schedules ensuring adequate resources (vehicles, employees and equipment) are available, including regularly reviewing and incorporating feedback from transport workshops on vehicle availability.
2. Identify and provide induction and specialist training to Drivers and Passenger Assistants, ensuring all work is undertaken in accordance with Health and Safety and PATS standards.
Carry out both risk assessments and driving assessments for drivers and external clients.
3. Day to day recruitment and supervision of Drivers/Passenger Assistants including Appraisals, performance management, absence management etc.
4. Authorise timesheets and overtime payments and liaise with Business Support and Resources Manager.
Authorise repairs and scheduled maintenance costs.
Act as lead contact for external supplier of radio equipment.
5. Undertake route reviews in accordance with the service plan by appropriately allocating resources to maintain an efficient and cost effective operation as changes occur and the service evolves.
6. Oversee external hires, liaising with external hire companies to ensure service delivery is maintained, keep up to date hire diary.
7. Devise and maintain procedures and records for Driver/Passenger Assistant routine tasks, such as daily vehicle checks, journey logbooks, timesheets and external (agency) staff records, in accordance with passenger transport legislation.
8. Contribute to the overall management of the service by regularly reviewing working practices in order to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the service and implement the Councils passenger transport policies in accordance with service level agreements.
This includes monitoring the parking of all PTU and staff vehicles to ensure that they are both secure and not impeding any vehicles or thoroughfare.
To APPLY please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Referral a friend bonus £250
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grave Digger
- RTA Paralegal
- Pre-court and Prevention Case Officer
- Staff Nurse
- Leasehold Officer
- Case Manager
- Finance Assistant
- Communications Officer (Police) London
- Catering Assistant
- Children's Social Worker - Stockton
- Landscape Architect
- Facilities Management Surveyor
- Adult Social Worker
- Resettlement Service Manager - Refugee
- Bus Escort
- Housing Assistant
- !URGENT! - Band 8a Ward Matron AMHT – Chertsey, Surrey - £30ph
- Senior Planning Officer
- NHS Information Analyst