Specialty Doctor for Hospital Position
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Specialty Doctor to join a highly reputable Hospital located in Berkshire.
The large bedded Hospital provides services for male patients low and medium secure, with a PICU service.
They offer long-term treatment and rehabilitation for patients with enduring mental disorders and forensic histories, who present multiple problems, challenging and high risk behaviours and complex care needs.
If you are successful for this role, you will receive a competitive salary with great additional benefits such as a group personal pension plan, Indemnity insurance, life assurance, free meals on duty, childcare vouchers, voluntary benefits and many more.
As a Specialty Doctor you will be an integral part of the multidisciplinary team in proving treatment for male patients that are typically out of area from throughout the country whose needs fall between medium and low secure services.
You will be working with another multidisciplinary team on another secure ward, where both have a progressive, multi-disciplinary team-led service.
Your duties will be to:
· Working closely with the unit’s multi-disciplinary team, including the Consultant, to ensure that patients receive a holistic and person-centric treatment programme based on the recovery model.
· Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours.
· Reviewing the mental state of patients as per the hospital procedure.
· Ensuring that each patient has a full physical health screen upon admission including physical examination, ECG and bloods.
· Taking a lead with managing any physical health concerns that emerge during inpatient stay.
· Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family.
· Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required in a timely manner.
· Preparing First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers’ hearing reports under supervision of Consultant.
· Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers’ hearings under the supervision of Consultant.
· Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
· Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times, which will require participation on an on-call rota.
· Providing prospective cover to other specialty doctors when they are on leave.
· Any other duties considered to be commensurate with the level of the post.
You will need the following qualifications and experience:
· GMC registration.
· Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams.
· To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
· To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year.
It would be desirable if you have experience working as a doctor within a PICU/secure service or an MRCPsych.
In return you will have the opportunity for continuous learning and development with career development.
To be considered for this role you must be GMC registered with experience with working within a psychiatry setting.
Reference ID: 2574
More Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
- Registered Nurse Deputy Manager
- RGN OR RMN Deputy Home Manager
- Clinical Psychologist
- Team Leader (Residential Units)
- Registered Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Staff Nurse For Care Service
- Registered Staff Nurse For Hospital
- Registered Charge Nurse
- Registered Lead Nurse
- Staff Nurse For Healthcare Service
- East and West Midlands - Peripatetic Manager
- Ward Manager (Female PICU)
- Staff Nurse For Care Service
- Commissioning Registered Manager (Clinical or None Clinical)
- Registered Manager
- Band 7 CAMHS Advanced Practitioner
- Registered Sick Children’s Nurse - RSCN
- Speech & Language Therapist - FT/PT
- Deputy Manager for Care Home