RMN OR RNLD Charge Nurse Position
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Nurse of Learning Disabilities to join one of the leading Healthcare Hospitals located in Somerset.
The medium/low secure Hospital specialises in providing personalised care for men and women with mental illness and/or personality disorder.
If you are successful for this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £38,000 per annum with fantastic additional benefits such as life assurance, free meals on duty, employee assistance services, childcare vouchers, voluntary benefits and many more.
As the Charge Nurse, your duties will be:
· Shift/resource management
· Effective strategic resource management.
· Leadership decisions within the context of Charge Nurse
· Personnel, competency and conduct management of junior staff
· Managing complaints and grievances
· Serious incident reviews and implementation of recommendations.
· Ward Budget Management
· Providing an advisory role to nursing staff
· Satisfactorily completing of objectives as agreed at appraisal and monthly supervision.
· Satisfactorily fulfilling core competencies
· Demonstrating clear application of a continuing professional development portfolio
· Actively contributing to the Nursing Service Agreement, departmental Risk Matrix and action plan, and monitoring implementation
· Completing designated annual mandatory training
· Participating in and taking an active lead in organisational clinical and nursing audit programmes
· Supporting the senior management team at a local level
· Contributing to departmental and unit business objectives
· Providing strong and robust leadership in the clinical environment using the core skills of facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, teaching and delegation
· Developing a coaching culture within the clinical environment
· Supporting the implementation of clinical and corporate governance for the management of patient information
· Participating in service-specific strategy and development
· Engaging in continuous professional development at an academic level; completing an identified course that will benefit the service
· Taking part in the out of hours on call system for a specific region
· Monitoring the performance and conduct of staff and to take corrective action when necessary.
This will include, where appropriate, involvement in the disciplinary process
To be considered for this role you must be a qualified Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Nurse of Learning Disabilities with managerial/leadership experience within a similar setting.
Reference ID: 2580
More Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
- Registered Nurse Deputy Manager
- RGN OR RMN Deputy Home Manager
- Clinical Psychologist
- Team Leader (Residential Units)
- Registered Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Staff Nurse For Care Service
- Registered Staff Nurse For Hospital
- Registered Charge Nurse
- Registered Lead Nurse
- Staff Nurse For Healthcare Service
- East and West Midlands - Peripatetic Manager
- Ward Manager (Female PICU)
- Staff Nurse For Care Service
- Commissioning Registered Manager (Clinical or None Clinical)
- Registered Manager
- Band 7 CAMHS Advanced Practitioner
- Registered Sick Children’s Nurse - RSCN
- Speech & Language Therapist - FT/PT
- Deputy Manager for Care Home